The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Why the f*** was Marseille goal disallowed?I had money on it  :rant:

Brandao is an idiot! The ball was flying over their heads to Gignac and he throw Hannson to the ground for no particular reason. Why would you even give the referee something to blow for?! Inch perfect cross from Taiwo, Gignac's first goal for the club, a massive win, and olliemort's bets all ruined.

Taiwo looks some player from the little I have seen from him.We were linked with him a few times I believe,tough choice between him and Jose.The ref was tedious as f***,blow up for everything.Im raging like if Stoke avoided defeat tomorrow I would have won 60 euros from a ten euro bet  :-[

So is M'Bia a CB now then?

I take it he wouldn't have solved our midfield problem if we had bought him in 09?

Versatlie player who looks comfortable in central midfield or defence. Le Guen played him at right back for Cameroon, but I got the distinct impression the Frenchman had no clue what he doing. He's a great destroyer, but his passing is nowhere near the other top players in his position. M'bia the player is better is better than anything we have/had in defensive midfield or defence, imo, but M'bia the person is a cancer. He threw a fit to get Rennes to sell him to us last summer, and was "injured" until the end of the current transfer window angling for a move and/or payrise.

We should've signed McFadden, so much better than Jonas and Routledge. He can cross and he gets involved constantly and he has a decent pace too.

Pace? Since when? :lol:

McFadden is very average on the whole. Capable of the odd moment of brilliance but his end product is erratic, often chooses the wrong option and he constantly moans at the ref/team mates/the world and gets himself into strops.

I always thought as a striker, he was more likely to score 2-3 special goals a season as oppose to a more consistent run of form. Mind you I remember when we played them away under KK I thought he looked really good.

Carr being so good is depressing, especially when RB is arguably our weak link.

So is M'Bia a CB now then?

I take it he wouldn't have solved our midfield problem if we had bought him in 09?

Versatlie player who looks comfortable in central midfield or defence. Le Guen played him at right back for Cameroon, but I got the distinct impression the Frenchman had no clue what he doing. He's a great destroyer, but his passing is nowhere near the other top players in his position. M'bia the player is better is better than anything we have/had in defensive midfield or defence, imo, but M'bia the person is a cancer. He threw a fit to get Rennes to sell him to us last summer, and was "injured" until the end of the current transfer window angling for a move and/or payrise.

I was delighted we never signed him in the end. Makes the likes of Balotelli & Adebayor look like well adjusted, quiet lads.

Some of the antics from him in the press over the past couple of years were a disgrace.