The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Holland-Sweden should be cracking. Think we'll sneak a point. Mellberg being out is a big miss though. For those watching, take a good look at the battle between Wernbloom and van Bommel in midfield, Wernbloom is one of the most provoking players around, good footballer as well.

:lol: 4-0 to the Dutch at the moment!

Scotland 2-2! wtf

They've bothered to play a striker and attack against the world champions after playing 4-6-0 and not leaving their own half against the mediocre Czechs?

yeeeeeeeeeeees...!!! Great day for the Faroe Islands... :clap: Went to the game with a friend of mine who is from northern Irland. Befor the game he was raving about how this was going to be a piece of cake for them... ;D So after the game I bought a cake... and replied to him "piece of cake"? Classic..!!

Azerbaijan beating Turkey is a bit of a shock

Yeah, I guess so when you remember all those great Turkey players. Not sure I could name more than one now though.

Arda Turan maybe. They haven't got many stand-out players but they've still got well more squad depth than the likes of Azerbaijan.

Turkey have to be one of the strangest international football teams going like. 3rd at world cup 2002, within inches of reaching the final of Euro 2008. Always seem to totally flop unless the're at a big competition.

Ha ha what a manky scotch git.

"i dont want to talk about things in the past"

Erm, your previous qualifying match IN THIS GROUP was only a few days ago!

Edit :  Thats almost like Souness.  Fck off, explain why you didn't play a forward against the Czechs!

Fuck's sake. Pienaar, Fellaini and Jags all out of Sunday, with the latter probably out for a couple of weeks. Have a bad feeling about the game - if we had a full-strength squad I'd fancy our chances but I really don't have a clue how it's going to go.

I'm imagining something like

Howard

Neville

Distin

Heitinga

Baines

Coleman

Arteta

Osman

Bily

Cahill

Yak

Fuck's sake. Pienaar, Fellaini and Jags all out of Sunday, with the latter probably out for a couple of weeks. Have a bad feeling about the game - if we had a full-strength squad I'd fancy our chances but I really don't have a clue how it's going to go.

I'm imagining something like

Howard

Neville

Distin

Heitinga

Baines

Coleman

Arteta

Osman

Bily

Cahill

Yak

how has distin done for your lot?

Very mixed. He's really just played as the team has. Rocky start to last season, got better. Had a couple of poor performances this season. It depends a lot on how we want to use Heitinga. If we play Heitinga in DC alongside Jags, Distin doesn't get a look in. If we play Heitinga in defensive mid, how do we incorporate Arteta and Fellaini? I suppose it's a good choice to have, when all are fit. Haven't mentioned Rodwell who is injured as well.