The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Henry seems a lot less majestic playing in the MLS. I never thought I'd let the quality of a league sway my opinion like that, but it has. Though he could just be really rubbish now.

Henry seems a lot less majestic playing in the MLS. I never thought I'd let the quality of a league sway my opinion like that, but it has. Though he could just be really rubbish now.

MLS is the standard of a European "second tier quality" league tbh. i.e. Scando leagues, Scottish league, Ukrainian league and so on. IMO. It's Henry that's playing cack.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

MLS is the standard of a European "second tier quality" league tbh. i.e. Scando leagues, Scottish league, Ukrainian league and so on. IMO. It's Henry that's playing cack.

I'm aware of what standard the MLS is, to say its second tier quality is generous, perhaps the top players are, but teams overall, not too sure. Ljungberg had his one decent game a season today.

I'm aware of what standard the MLS is, to say its second tier quality is generous, perhaps the top players are, but teams overall, not too sure. Ljungberg had his one decent game a season today.

I watch the MLS almost every round due to being a nocturnal bastard, and I also watch the odd random European league match-up from time to time because, well, it's football. :lol: Combined with watching the Scando leagues often I'd no doubt say the better MLS teams would slide in easily. The lesser teams would probably struggle.

The issue with the MLS and overall player quality is that they have very small squads in the first place, which usually means a mixture of say, 30% good players and 70% filler. I dare say you know all this already, but yeah. :lol:

On topic though, Henry have been nothing but shocking since he came over IMO. He should boss the league even on the decline. :undecided:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I think he's retired in his mind, at least thats how it looks when he's playing. Could be lack of fitness, but not sure.

I watch the MLS almost every round due to being a nocturnal b******, and I also watch the odd random European league match-up from time to time because, well, it's football. :lol: Combined with watching the Scando leagues often I'd no doubt say the better MLS teams would slide in easily. The lesser teams would probably struggle.

The issue with the MLS and overall player quality is that they have very small squads in the first place, which usually means a mixture of say, 30% good players and 70% filler. I dare say you know all this already, but yeah. :lol:

On topic though, Henry have been nothing but shocking since he came over IMO. He should boss the league even on the decline. :undecided:

Henry retired the day he won the CL, imho. Never seen such a vertical decline from one season to another.

And yes, main problem of the MLS is that they have expanded too quick and talent is way too diluted, so squads are full of cack that degrade the standard of the league. Should get better over time, though, of they manage to fix their youth system and start paying decent wages to squad players.

I watch the MLS almost every round due to being a nocturnal b******, and I also watch the odd random European league match-up from time to time because, well, it's football. :lol: Combined with watching the Scando leagues often I'd no doubt say the better MLS teams would slide in easily. The lesser teams would probably struggle.

Saw both his games - or parts of games - in the friendlies (Spurs and City) and thought he looked class. I'd heard he played a blinder in his first game as well. Has he really been poor?

Guest Toon Saint

Toon v St.Mirren at Darsley Park behind closed doors friendly today. O0

Toon 2 St.Mirren 2.

Ranger got both for Toon.

McQuade & Wardlaw for Saints.

McBoro on TV now. Only watching it to scout Luke Williams, whi is going to be a cracking player in the future. Someone who works for Boro told me last year that he's going to be probably the best player they've ever produced