The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest firetotheworks

man city- tevez= rubbish never has a side been so dependent on one player

Eh? Rooney and Bent might disagree with that.

Just enough.

It went pretty much just as I thought it would - Stoke worked hard, made it awkward, and we were far, far from our best. We got away with a Stoke disallowed goal that I would be questioning if I were a Stoke fan, however as well as Probert seemingly giving every 50/50 Stoke's way in the 2nd half, I think we had more about us ultimately. Scrappy 1-0 win will do me just fine.

Just enough.

It went pretty much just as I thought it would - Stoke worked hard, made it awkward, and we were far, far from our best. We got away with a Stoke disallowed goal that I would be questioning if I were a Stoke fan, however as well as Probert seemingly giving every 50/50 Stoke's way in the 2nd half, I think we had more about us ultimately. Scrappy 1-0 win will do me just fine.

MOTM?

Distin/Arteta.

Tbf, probably Shawcross/Huth as well. Stoke defended very well.

Edit: mmm, maybe not Arteta. Yak and Nev were pretty decent overall. But Distin once again was excellent - how a bit of confidence can change everything.

Distin/Arteta.

Tbf, probably Shawcross/Huth as well. Stoke defended very well.

Edit: mmm, maybe not Arteta. Yak and Nev were pretty decent overall. But Distin once again was excellent - how a bit of confidence can change everything.

Did you really try and go for a second, or were you comfortable to let them continuing to park the bus after you went ahead?

We parked the bus mainly, which was infuriating. We've got a nasty habit currently of just sitting back FAR too deep (spoke about this against Liverpool and more so against Spurs), and it happened again today. Of course, it's hard to complain too much due to our results picking up but we're inviting pressure on ourselves every single game at the moment.

Also, we need Fellaini back. Heitinga, although he improved in the 2nd half, didn't fill me with confidence at all.

Modric and Jenas in the centre at Old Trafford, with Jenas as the holding midfielder?!

Tottenham are going to be wide open in the centre of the field. Jenas has already fallen over a couple of times and lost posession. Extraordinarily poor player.

Jenas is awful ... any pass over more than two yards he gives away. Incredible to watch.

Just thinking that, he just strolls around pointing and passes the ball backwards, never attempts to challenge the opposition and gives the ball away. Surely they have someone better?