The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Hate that offside call, particularly as I used to be a left-back. So the ball is played right down the centre-forward's path, as he runs onto it, but he's not deemed offside until he touches it. As a left-back, having stepped up to play him (miles) offside I now have to turn and sprint back, under pressure from the winger, then when I get to the ball the centre-forward now cuts off my path inside and pressurizes the ball to the keeper. Harsh.

Hate that offside call, particularly as I used to be a left-back. So the ball is played right down the centre-forward's path, as he runs onto it, but he's not deemed offside until he touches it.

Agreed. The new approach to offside overall is great for the game. But sometimes it might be in danger of getting stupid like in that instance. Of course that pass was for Torres who was then active in that play, ref should have blown his whistle.

He was so active, it's unreal. Ran towards the ball for a good few seconds, and only stopped when he realised he wasn't going to get there. How that isn't offside, I'll never know.

An overhead backheel would be mighty impressive. I can imagine someone suspended pretty much dead-on vertically doing a backheel.

Low scoring Prem weekend, only one team scored more than 2 goals.... and that was, OH, it was us. :smug: ;)