The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Messi is just the more naturally gifted footballer, everything about the way he plays is superb.

Ronaldo, as effective and downright explosive as he is, is far more reliant on practiced technique and physical prowess. He's brilliant of course, and has the statistics to back himself up, I just think 90% of football fans would prefer Messi.

It's harder to eliminate Ronaldo from a game, though. His freekicks and physical attributes makes sure of that. Ronaldo and Drogba are, imo, the two players that will do well no matter who are what they are playing with. Ronaldo and various animals would stilll be likely to threaten.

Messi is better, though.

I dunno, I've seen Ronaldo eliminated from games effectively on numerous occasions. The World Cup in particular, and in both El Clasicos last season.

His freekicks are massively overrated aswell, for the amount he takes his conversion rate is pretty poor.

Messi is just the more naturally gifted footballer, everything about the way he plays is superb.

Ronaldo, as effective and downright explosive as he is, is far more reliant on practiced technique and physical prowess. He's brilliant of course, and has the statistics to back himself up, I just think 90% of football fans would prefer Messi.

It's harder to eliminate Ronaldo from a game, though. His freekicks and physical attributes makes sure of that. Ronaldo and Drogba are, imo, the two players that will do well no matter who are what they are playing with. Ronaldo and various animals would stilll be likely to threaten.

Messi is better, though.

I dunno, I've seen Ronaldo eliminated from games effectively on numerous occasions. The World Cup in particular, and in both El Clasicos last season.

His freekicks are massively overrated aswell, for the amount he takes his conversion rate is pretty poor.

About the free kicks, reminds me so much of Roberto Carlos. Spectacular when they go in but regularly don't trouble the keeper at all.

Guest firetotheworks

I think it's a bit shit to bring the World Cup into it considering Portugal were totally shite, and had no other outlet.

I think it's a bit s*** to bring the World Cup into it considering Portugal were totally s****, and had no other outlet.

True, but the point still stands. I've seen him regularly marked out of games, he's basically Pique's bitch.

Messi hardly set the world alight at the world cup either. He's a great player but benefits so much from the team he plays for, stick him anywhere else and he'd struggle to make anywhere near the same impact. Ronaldo could do it wherever he goes, imo, and that's why if we could have either I'd pick Ronaldo.

Guest firetotheworks

I think it's a bit s*** to bring the World Cup into it considering Portugal were totally s****, and had no other outlet.

True, but the point still stands. I've seen him regularly marked out of games, he's basically Pique's bitch.

Of course he is, he's the man who trains against Messi. :lol: Anyway, the point is that He and Messi are far and away better than everyone else in the world. Who's been nearest recently? Xavi? Rooney? Sneijder? Ameobi? Iniesta?  They're just a plateau of world class players, Messi and possibly Ronaldo are once in a lifetime players.

Of course he is, he's the man who trains against Messi. :lol: Anyway, the point is that He and Messi are far and away better than everyone else in the world. Who's been nearest recently? Xavi? Rooney? Sneijder? Ameobi? Iniesta?  They're just a plateau of world class players, Messi and possibly Ronaldo are once in a lifetime players.

I'd say Xavi is the next closest, if there's any justice he'll go down as one of the true greats.

I remember O'Neill claiming Young was up there with Ronaldo and Messi like, right after he had that half decent few weeks for Villa. :lol:

Cronaldo has scored 50% of Real Madrid's goals so far this season, which is both a good and a bad thing. Messi brings more to the table, imho, with assists and enabling play. Cronaldo tends to hoard his team's attacking play.

But I'm partial, of course.

Think you summed it up well last season when you said Madrid was not a team but a group of players with two cannons upfront firing them past the opposition.

Although, I think they're a much better allround side this season.

Bale really is superb at the moment.

He'll get a move to a big club soon enough.

He's already there, brummie. He's already there.

Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Signature'd for truth.

Guest firetotheworks

Messi's only a team player because he's in a team where that works. Hoy Messi in the Real Madrid team and he'd be better than Ronaldo but just as relied upon.

Who is is the defender on your signature before Albert? Kid

Guest firetotheworks

We're going to demand a ridiculous amount of money for Bale when he does eventually leave. I mean a stupid amount.

Two secs, I'll just get some popcorn.

So, how good do you think Spurs are this season then?

Who is is the defender on your signature before Albert? Kid

Woodgate

Guest kingdawson

We're going to demand a ridiculous amount of money for Bale when he does eventually leave. I mean a stupid amount.

Two secs, I'll just get some popcorn.

So, how good do you think Spurs are this season then?

We'd own if we had a fit Ledley King and a class striker IMO. Instead we have a striker that can cartwheel and nothing else, a striker that can't play away from home, a striker that puts loads of effort in but simply doesn't score enough and a striker that might not be able to play as a lone frontman.

I personally think Arry will convince Bale to stay for 1 more season after this one to see what we can do with a decent striker. If not, Levy's going to demand a lot (like he usually does).

Guest kingdawson

We will demand just as much for Phil Neville :thup:

Only difference is Levy usually gets the amounts he demands.

We will demand just as much for Phil Neville :thup:

Only difference is Levy usually gets the amounts he demands.

wouldnt surprise me if city bid for him in jan, mancini seems to distrust adam johnson because of drinking thing

I remember my Tottenham supporting friend slating Bale last season, but I always defended him.

Victory: me

So many of them did. Including a lot of those stupid pundits all fawning over him now. It's so cringe worthy.