The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest Geordiesned

I see our lad Edmundson scored for the Faroe Islands against Estonia tonight in a Euro qualifier. They led up to the 70th minute but ended up losing 2-1.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Opening question for Capello is about him not celebrating.  :idiot2:

They'll ask him about Beckham again, ITV news are leading with it.  :lol: Always find something to bash and moan about.

They've been sharpening their knives for a month man. He's on borrowed time and they'll hound him into resgning within a year.

Fucking hate journalists. 

They'll ask him about Beckham again, ITV news are leading with it.  :lol: Always find something to bash and moan about.

How dare he not pick an injured overhyped twat who wasted the end of his career by moving to a mickey mouse league who will be ancient when the Euros come round. Scandalous.

Guest geordienorway

Norway win 2-1. My MoM list:

1. Huseklepp

2. Rëmy

3. Ben Arfa

4. B.H. Riise

5. Nasri / Moa

Menez should be on that list.

I actually enjoyed the game.

Even apart from his goals, Gerrard was brilliant tonight.

Good composed performances from Gibbs and Wilshere. They're certain to be England regulars in time.

Wilshere was barely on though?

What impressed me was his composure. He didn't do anything silly just to prove himself. He played the situation that was around him, and in that short time, not much was really on. But he got involved right away, and you felt that he knew he belonged in that company.

Compare that to Walcott, who always looks a bit jumpy.

Guest Stephen927

Hungary's "goal" gave us a kick up the arse. Gerrard with two good goals. We have learnt nothing new from this pointless friendly.

Guest palnese

Faroe Islands U21 [3 - 1] Andorra U21

32' [0 - 1]  Blanco 

51' [1 - 1] Kamban   

74' [2 - 1] Baldvinsson   

89' [3 - 1] Jacobsen 

A mate of mine  :frantic:

Beat Nigeria 2-1 with a formation reminiscent of bielsa's for chile.

Very happy with our new manager just based off this one game. The new boys he brought into the squad all preformed admirably and he seems to play a very detail-oriented, attractive brand of football.

We have learnt nothing new from this pointless friendly.

I wouldn't agree. Some younger players - Adam Johnson, Gibbs, Hart, Wilshere - showed that they have the confidence to step up to international level and can be relied on.

Rooney looked better in a free role and I think it's likely that he'll be playing alongside a target man next time.

We looked better without Lampard. There's no questioning his ability, but if we have Gerrard in a CM role and Rooney as a roving striker then there's no room for him. It's a decision that would take a lot of bottle though.

Guest neesy111

England v Hungary was a total pointless friendly, and again a lot of daft idiots will judge what happens in friendlies as a guide on how good a team is.

I wouldn't agree. Some younger players - Adam Johnson, Gibbs, Hart, Wilshere - showed that they have the confidence to step up to international level and can be relied on.

Rooney looked better in a free role and I think it's likely that he'll be playing alongside a target man next time.

We looked better without Lampard. There's no questioning his ability, but if we have Gerrard in a CM role and Rooney as a roving striker then there's no room for him. It's a decision that would take a lot of bottle though.

You're totally right, the Lampard/Gerrard thing could have been solved ages ago, just by dropping one of them.

Step up Andy Carroll? :shifty:

But seriously, I would like to see him make an appearance in the Euro qualifiers at least. He's England's best prospect for an out and out target man.

You're totally right, the Lampard/Gerrard thing could have been solved ages ago, just by dropping one of them.

It was interesting that Lampard was subbed at half time, but Gerrard played virtually the whole game. I did wonder whether Capello was testing the idea out, and not just giving new players a chance.

As I said, it's not an easy decision, but it may be an idea whose time has come.

Step up Andy Carroll? :shifty:

But seriously, I would like to see him make an appearance in the Euro qualifiers at least. He's England's best prospect for an out and out target man.

I think at one stage he'll make the squad in that role, but this campaign will probably be too early for him.

I'd like to see Carlton Cole given more of a chance tbh. He's been a slow developer, but of the candidates, he's the best all round talent IMO.