The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

SSN now saying the Manchester deby is the greatest on earth. Fuck off, Man Utd fans would rather beat Liverpool, Arsenal, or Chelsea then City.

Nee chance, few year ago maybe but absolutely no way now.

If you ask me, the Manchester derby had more to it before the money. To me, now just feels like another 'big 4/6/8/however many are big these days' clash. Don't know what Mancs would agree with that tbf, it is just an outsider's point of view.

If you ask me, the Manchester derby had more to it before the money.

In the 80's?

I'm sure Man Utd fans take it alot more seriously now, it's always been a bit one sided with City being shit and the only reason they have rivalries with Arsenal and Chelsea is because their going for the trophies like ours in the 90's, there's no way they hate them as much. I bet there's loads in Manchester who work and live amongst City fans that hate them more than Liverpool too. Nothing compares to a local rivalry if you're on the same level.

Guest firetotheworks

Fwiw every Man United fan I've ever known has cared far more about playing Liverpool than Man City. That might have changed a bit now mind.

SSN now saying the Manchester deby is the greatest on earth. f*** off, Man Utd fans would rather beat Liverpool, Arsenal, or Chelsea then City.

It probably doesn't make it into the top 3 derbies in Britain, nevermind the world.

What would you say the top 3 in Britain are?

1. Old Firm

2. Tyne and Wear

3. ???????

I know must of us would put our derby above the Old Firm derby and so would I, but for the fact that the old firm derbies are the only real bearing on who wins a trophy in Sctoland.

SSN now saying the Manchester deby is the greatest on earth. f*** off, Man Utd fans would rather beat Liverpool, Arsenal, or Chelsea then City.

It probably doesn't make it into the top 3 derbies in Britain, nevermind the world.

1. Old Firm

2. Tyne and Wear

3. ???????

I know must of us would put our derby above the Old Firm derby and so would I, but for the fact that the old firm derbies are the only real bearing on who wins a trophy in Sctoland.

1. Old firm

2. Tyne-wear

3. West 'am Millwall

All 3 far behind anything you'll come across in Eastern Europe/S. America.

1. Old Firm

2. Tyne and Wear

3. ???????

1. Old firm

2. Tyne-wear

3. West 'am Millwall

This.

1. Old Firm

2. Tyne and Wear

3. ???????

Arse vs Spurs is pretty serious.

1. Old Firm

2. Tyne and Wear

3. ???????

1. Old firm

2. Tyne-wear

3. West 'am Millwall

Not sure about that last sentence. Boca/River and a couple of others but what are the ones in eastern Europe? Are they not just more down to location rather than underlying factors in the three listed there like religion/politics, civil war and docklands business.

1. Old Firm

2. Tyne and Wear

3. ???????

1. Old firm

2. Tyne-wear

3. West 'am Millwall

Not sure about that last sentence. Boca/River and a couple of others but what are the ones in eastern Europe? Are they not just more down to location rather than underlying factors in the three listed there like religion/politics, civil war and docklands business.

There loads of big ones in South America aside from Boca v River.

Fla v Flu in Rio

Nacional v Penarol in M'video

Huracan v San Lorenzo in BA

Independiente v Racing in BA

Universitario v Allianza in Lima

Saying that every other game in Argentina is a derby as 8 teams hail from Buenos Aires city and 17 of the 20 are from Buenos Aires state.

1920: EVERTON v BOLTON

Everton: Howard, Neville, Distin, Jagielka, Baines, Bilyaletdinov, Fellaini, Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, Saha. Subs: Mucha, Hibbert, Beckford, Yakubu, Coleman, Rodwell, Baxter.

Bolton: Jaaskelainen, Steinsson, Knight, Cahill, Robinson, Lee, Muamba, Holden, Taylor, Kevin Davies, Elmander. Subs: Bogdan, Petrov, Mark Davies, Klasnic, Ricketts, Moreno, Blake.

Referee: Phil Dowd (Staffordshire)

1918: MAN CITY v MAN UTD

Man City: Hart, Boateng, Toure, Kompany, Zabaleta, Toure Yaya, De Jong, Barry, Silva, Tevez, Milner. Subs: Given, Richards, Adebayor, Adam Johnson, Kolarov, Lescott, Vieira.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Rafael Da Silva, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Fletcher, Scholes, Carrick, Nani, Berbatov, Park. Subs: Amos, Brown, Smalling, Hernandez, O'Shea, Obertan, Gibson.

Referee: Chris Foy (Merseyside)

1916: ASTON VILLA v BLACKPOOL

Aston Villa: Friedel, Luke Young, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Albrighton, Clark, Bannan, Downing, Ashley Young, Delfouneso. Subs: Guzan, Ireland, Agbonlahor, Beye, Hogg, Lichaj, Johnson.

Blackpool: Kingson, Basham, Edwards, Keinan, Carney, Southern, Sylvestre, Euell, Phillips, Harewood, Ormerod. Subs: Gilks, Eardley, Evatt, Grandin, Varney, Adam, Campbell.

Referee: Anthony Taylor (Cheshire)

1918: MAN CITY v MAN UTD

Man City: Hart, Boateng, Toure, Kompany, Zabaleta, Toure Yaya, De Jong, Barry, Silva, Tevez, Milner. Subs: Given, Richards, Adebayor, Adam Johnson, Kolarov, Lescott, Vieira.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Rafael Da Silva, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Fletcher, Scholes, Carrick, Nani, Berbatov, Park. Subs: Amos, Brown, Smalling, Hernandez, O'Shea, Obertan, Gibson.

Referee: Chris Foy (Merseyside)

At least with Scholes playing there'll be one Manc on the park.

Arse vs Spurs is pretty serious.

always get the impression with that that it's become vicious in an attempt to legitimise itself, as stupid as that sounds

southampton - pompey the same, like they're out to prove how much they hate each other instead of actually wanting to win a football match & bragging rights