The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest Heneage

I think VDV and Bale hide a lot of their inadequacies. They should look to establish themselves consistently in the top four first.

I think VDV and Bale hide a lot of their inadequacies. They should look to establish themselves consistently in the top four first.

Surely that's like saying Drogba and Lampard hide a lot of Chelsea's inadequacies? or Messi and Xavi hide a lot of Barca's inadequacies.

Take away any teams best 2 players...

Surely that's like saying Drogba and Lampard hide a lot of Chelsea's inadequacies? or Messi and Xavi hide a lot of Barca's inadequacies.

Take away any teams best 2 players...

theres an argument for saying that about chelsea without lampard and essien.

True, but the general statement isn't that crazy. Title challengers within a couple of years? I can see it. Saying they'll win it in the next few years is somewhat audacious, like.

They are an entire back four & a goalkeeper away from it for a start.

Their defence is weak, I agree. What's to say they won't go and improve it drastically with the revenue from the CL?  I don't think it's outlandish at all to say they can challenge for the title in the next 2-3 years. I'd argue they're only 3 or 4 players away from it. I know that's significant investment but it's not a million miles away.

Also, it's interesting to see Man Utd and Chelsea struggling (in different ways) this season so far. Arsenal and Chelsea to have lost 4 games each by this stage would have been fairly unthinkable at the start of the season. Man Utd are unbeaten, credit to them, but I think they're in a bit of a decline at the moment, by their lofty standards.

True, but the general statement isn't that crazy. Title challengers within a couple of years? I can see it. Saying they'll win it in the next few years is somewhat audacious, like.

Their defence is weak, I agree. What's to say they won't go and improve it drastically with the revenue from the CL?  I don't think it's outlandish at all to say they can challenge for the title in the next 2-3 years. I'd argue they're only 3 or 4 players away from it. I know that's significant investment but it's not a million miles away.

Also, it's interesting to see Man Utd and Chelsea struggling (in different ways) this season so far. Arsenal and Chelsea to have lost 4 games each by this stage would have been fairly unthinkable at the start of the season. Man Utd are unbeaten, credit to them, but I think they're in a bit of a decline at the moment, by their lofty standards.

The entire back four & goalkeeper I think they need is almost half a team.  Half of a title winning team costs a lot of money.

The entire back four & goalkeeper I think they need is almost half a team.  Half of a title winning team costs a lot of money.

As I said, I don't think they'll win it in the next 2 or 3 years however they can challenge for it. I don't think they'll need to replace every single man in the back 5 to do that. I also know it'll take significant investment but with the consistently high prices they get for players sold as well as the revenue from the CL, I don't think they'll be short of a few bob.