The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

This years Premier League winners are not going to be anything special.

It's an exciting league but there's no outstanding sides this term.

Guest neesy111

Another damp squib of a match involving Man Ure this season.  City and now this.

This is why I prefer la liga, don't get too many games being 0-0 or 1-0.

Guest neesy111

If offered a direct swap, Rooney for Carroll, I wouldn't take it.

Has he scored any goals from open play in the league this season?

1 for England.  Hasn't scored from open play since February for ManUSA.

Another damp squib of a match involving Man Ure this season.  City and now this.

This is why I prefer la liga, don't get too many games being 0-0 or 1-0.

This season there have been on average 0.02 more goals per game in La Liga.

It's a feast of goals!

This years Premier League winners are not going to be anything special.

It's an exciting league but there's no outstanding sides this term.

Most of the excitement comes from it being fast and end to end but thats normally of a result of bad technique and passing in that the teams give the ball away so quick.  There was a 15 min period mid way through the Spurs Chelsea game yesterday when the game was brilliant, 100 mph one end to the other but neither team could string 4 passes together!

Even though man u won tonight i thought they were a disgrace,  the so called biggest/best team in the country/world with a reputation since the Busby babes of attacking football, Fergie has went off for years about the tradition and style that his team play for years but tonight at home they played with Rooney isolated 20 yards away from the nearest midfielder as they pack the defence and midfield and try and hit on the break.  At least Arsenal went to Old Trafford and stuck to their principals and played there normal game.  The same way the likes of Barca and Real Madrid.  Arsenal aren't that good a side to tell me Man U couldn't have went at them with Rooney and Berbatov up front and won that game quite easily.

There's more than one way to play football though. Fergie got his tactics exactly right for the opposition tonight.

Arsenal are great at what they do, but they aren't Barcelona good at it. This means that they can be countered by people like Fergie packing the midfield. When that happens, it's up to Wenger to find an answer.

There's more than one way to play football though. Fergie got his tactics exactly right for the opposition tonight.

Arsenal are great at what they do, but they aren't Barcelona good at it. This means that they can be countered by people like Fergie packing the midfield. When that happens, it's up to Wenger to find an answer.

:thup: It's a league not a cup. Fergie won the tactical battle tonight, fair enough.

no i understand that and fair play Fergie got his tactics right.  Its more me being pissed off watching it when i said today at work that i wasn't cos they'll try and cancel each other out and it'll be a shit game but i did end up watching it and just think that two of the best teams in the so called best league should produce a bettter game than that,  if a team was going to soak up pressure and hit on the break you expect it to be the away side.