The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

U-21

FT Italy [1 - 0] England

89' [1 - 0] F. Macheda (pen.)

Should of at least had a draw. Josh McEachran looked outstanding. He should be starting for Chelsea.

Ahead of who?

Ramires

Ridman - Norway 1-0

:lol:

What a shite game, played in Portugal in front of a crowd of 50 (all of which are Polish drunks by the sound of it). Wouldn´t mind a win though, Norway are 11th on the FIFA world ranking list after all.

No offense to Ridman, but that's the flukiest win I've seen in ages. Poland had one shot at goal all match, score it and then stay back with eleven men for the rest of the match ffs. :lol: And I thought we played anti-football.

Something tells me he will take very little offense from that comment.

One thing's for sure, I won't think he's overreacting when describing Poland anymore. When they went ahead they stayed back like fuck, and it literally felt like this is what went through their mind: "Get the ball, get the ball, get the ball. KICK IT THE FUCK OUTTA HERE. Get the ball, get the ball. KICK IT THE FUCK OUTTA HERE." :lol:

One thing's for sure, I won't think he's overreacting when describing Poland anymore. When they went ahead they stayed back like fuck, and it literally felt like this is what went through their mind: "Get the ball, get the ball, get the ball. KICK IT THE FUCK OUTTA HERE. Get the ball, get the ball. KICK IT THE FUCK OUTTA HERE." :lol:

I only watched the game with the other eye tbh.  Quite suprised we managed to keep a clean sheet (first one in 8 games). The game had little going for it in terms of quality, a decent goal from Lewandowski that your keeper should probably have kept out and some smart stops from Szczęsny in a very very forgetable game. Hate those friendlies played at a neutral ground, zero atmosphere and none of the players seemed bothered. Still shocked at Norway being ranked 11th on the FIFA ranking list, they haven´t even qualified for the last two world cups or the last two euros so how does that add up?

I only watched the game with the other eye tbh.  Quite suprised we managed to keep a clean sheet (first one in 8 games). The game had little going for it in terms of quality, a decent goal from Lewandowski that your keeper should probably have kept out and some smart stops from Szczęsny in a very very forgetable game. Hate those friendlies played at a neutral ground, zero atmosphere and none of the players seemed bothered. Still shocked at Norway being ranked 11th on the FIFA ranking list, they haven´t even qualified for the last two world cups or the last two euros so how does that add up?

Recent form and beating opponents ranked higher. The FIFA rankings aren't really saying anything about how "good" a team is compared to other teams, it's more like a formal recent form gauge on paper. And looking at the fixtures over the past two years, I'd not argue that we're one of the more in form national sides in the world, but I still know we're not "better" than a lot of teams below us. We've generally played some good stuff as well recently, but the players just didn't seem arsed whatsoever tonight. Probably down to it being a pretty much empty stadium and no incentive to play for as our team has been pretty much the same for the past year and a half so there's no fear of losing your place.