Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

sorry, was on the wind up, thought you wanted him out after souness-gate.

:lol:

I wanted Souness out and would have done even if it was smith-gate, nolan-gate or shola-gate, I hated Souness from the day he arrived until the day he pissed off.

N'Zogbia at Wigan is another example. Obviously a stepping stone, bit of a knobend, but is the difference between a safe mid-table side and a relegation candidate.

Not last season he wasn't. They very nearly (and should have) gone down.

HBA's problem is that he is an idiot, Kaka. People dislike him, some more than others. He of course had the now famous row with Diaby at Clairefontaine, which he quite lucky to escape from. At Lyon, he quarreled with several players and despite some top quality performances, they took the 10 million or so from OM and moved on. At Marseille, he has been petulant and quarreled with Deschamps. Despite some top quality performances, the team have decided to take the currency and move on.

That sounds like quite a CV of trouble, and would explain why none of the bigger clubs seem interested, despite his talent.

This season is going to be a bit of a struggle. This lad seems quite immature, as a person and as a footballer, and we really need players who can contribute right away. I feel confident that Cleverley could do that, whereas Ben Arfa needs a lot of work, which in the end could come to nothing.

I'm still not convinced that we want him, or that he really wants to come, in any case.

I know that, moreso, but they weren't exactly safe in mid-table.

In all honesty, we're crying out for someone to produce that one moment of quality that'll get us the 1-0 win in a scrappy game like tonight's.

HBA's problem is that he is an idiot, Kaka. People dislike him, some more than others. He of course had the now famous row with Diaby at Clairefontaine, which he quite lucky to escape from. At Lyon, he quarreled with several players and despite some top quality performances, they took the 10 million or so from OM and moved on. At Marseille, he has been petulant and quarreled with Deschamps. Despite some top quality performances, the team have decided to take the currency and move on.

What was it over? I found this vid but can't speak a word of french...

Guest zinaldo1982

The only bad thing with him coming here would be him really shining and then fergie suddenly realising he should have bought him and spending 20m pounds to bring to old trafford next summer.

But he is an amazing player,the kind you need to appease the fans when you have been hammered because at least you had someone do things that you thought could never be done and he played for your team.

I also love his versatility as he can play anywhere up front so we would be buying 3 players in 1,that should make him worth the ridiculously small fee we have to pay.

What was it over? I found this vid but can't speak a word of french...

Ben Arfa called him 'son of a whore'. As with Cantona at Crystal Palace all those years ago, it's an insult that the French find very wounding.

Results could be interesting if he did that to Barton.

Isn't part of the reason they're selling now because he'll be available for 3m Euro's next summer?, or do you think that's bull?

Guest zinaldo1982

i just read that it seems that we have already agreed to take him on loan with an option to buy at the end of it and also ben arfa has just rejected an offer from werder bremen because we were the first club to show real interest in him and also the premier league is where he wants to play.

i just read that it seems that we have already agreed to take him on loan with an option to buy at the end of it and also ben arfa has just rejected an offer from werder bremen because we were the first club to show real interest in him and also the premier league is where he wants to play.

Sounds good but do you have a source for that?

I reckon Ben Arfa would have a negative impact on the team. Cleverley would have a small positive impact.

Bollocks, you're blowing this way out of proportion. He's positively helped teams to 5 Ligue 1 titles at the age of 23. It's not as if he went round picking fights with everybody in his way you know, you're making him out to be some kind of mental anarchist.

5 teams? :lol: He's only been a serious part of two winning teams, and he was hardly a top player for either l'OM or Lyon. Deschamps kept him on the substitutes bench most of the time. He clearly has mental stability issues, but I think this can be overcome. Also, if we buy him for less than 7 million euros, we are probaly selling at a profit. Cleverly will leave and we will have to spend to replace him, which will result in a net loss.

Whatever man, he has 5 Ligue 1 titles in his locker and appearences, assists and goals in that time. That already puts him ahead of Cleverley.

Aye but Cleverly helped Watford survive in the Championship.

Have you actually seen Cleverley play? Head and shoulders above anything we have in the centre of the park.

I wish I'd known how much team spirit did for a team. If I'd known sooner, I'd have taken the lads to Centre Parcs for the weekend before they played Villa on the last day - we'd have walked it!

different players offering different things in different posditions.

Of course, but still if it wasn't for his bad attitude we wouldn't even be talking about Ben Arfa vs Cleverly, they're on two different levels talent wise from what I've seen and heard of both players.  Cleverly is 3 years younger of course.

Hmm. I'd get very excited if both we're in our squad come 1st september.

aye and rumours are we are still sniffing about djalo aswell.....dare we dream ?

Guest MrBrown

If I were Taylor27 I wouldn't dare fart in fear of shitting myself.

If I were T27 I wouldn't open my mouth for fear of the shit that comes out.

aye and rumours are we are still sniffing about djalo aswell.....dare we dream ?

no

That's the thing that annoys me the most. Add 3/4 talented players to our team on top of the half decent ones we've already got and I think we'd comfortably survive, yet penny saving and missing out on them additions and I'd say we're allmost sure fire relegation candidates.