Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Scott Wilson told me on twitter last night to only expect loan's or 1M or less signings  :dave:

Not bad. I was half fearing the fat cunt would want players to pay £1m to play for Newcastle.

How? Nolan in central midfield makes us even more dogshit.

I disagree. I think Nolan and Barton could work, with Nolan's willingness to get into positions. The key for me is replacing him as the second striker. If it means him playing in midfield I still think it would improve us.

Hawer man, the Nolan thing is delusional.

I thought we played our best possession football in midfield with Guthrie and Barton today that i've seen us in a long time. Nolan should be an impact player at most.

How? Nolan in central midfield makes us even more dogshit.

I disagree. I think Nolan and Barton could work, with Nolan's willingness to get into positions. The key for me is replacing him as the second striker. If it means him playing in midfield I still think it would improve us.

Hawer man, the Nolan thing is delusional.

I thought we played our best possession football in midfield with Guthrie and Barton today that i've seen us in a long time. Nolan should be an impact player at most.

Agree.

My take on why this is dragging on so long is that Ben Arfa and his club are at a standstill.

Ben Arfa has said "f*** you I want to play in the Prem let me go to Newcastle or I'm not discussing personal terms with anyone else."

Marseille have said "f*** you we're not selling you to the team who's offering peanuts and a bag of crips, go sign for Hoffenheim or Benfica or have fun warming the bench all season."

What we need is a proper striker I don't think we can get any of that so I don't think Hatem will make that of a difference

You don't think he'd be an almighty improvement on Nolan as a second striker?

Dont kid ourselves Nolan wont be dropped as long as Houghton is here. I would like us to sell Smith and freed some wage burden though...

And you dare to defend him at every opportunity? :lol:

You're becoming a parody, mate. Stop it.

My take on why this is dragging on so long is that Ben Arfa and his club are at a standstill.

Ben Arfa has said "f*** you I want to play in the Prem let me go to Newcastle or I'm not discussing personal terms with anyone else."

Marseille have said "f*** you we're not selling you to the team who's offering peanuts and a bag of crips, go sign for Hoffenheim or Benfica or have fun warming the bench all season."

Aye, i think that situation is almost certainly the reality.

how can anyone think nolan is capable of performing in the premiership is beyond me

Same goes for Guthrie, I think. Neither has anything near the athleticism needed at this level.

Possibly, we'll see. I still have more faith in Guthrie than I do Nolan.

how can anyone think nolan is capable of performing in the premiership is beyond me

Again, refer to my post above. Purely saying that if he's "undroppable" in Hughton's eyes, I'd rather see him in midfield with a better second striker up front.

Thats my opinion to Hindu times... dogshit Ronaldo try to spin my words and try to create something.....

Agree with Ron, tbh. Guthrie's a bit of a luxury for us, tbh, but there are sides at our level which would cream themselvse at the prospect of having a player like him. :undecided: When is Gosling due to be fit?

Guthrie went missing far too often in 08-09. I do admire his ability on the ball but he's just too slow and too weak.

I reckon he's about as good a player as we can expect at this stage tbh.

I don't remember Guthrie ever being that bad in the Prem, where as I remember Nolan being a total disaster for his first 5 months here.

I can remember Guthrie disappearing up his own arse for a vast majority of games in the Prem. Expect more of the same.

Scott Wilson:

Hughton skirted around the Ben Arfa situation after the game, but it's sounding much more likely that a loan deal will happen. #NUFC

Well if he's saying nowt how can he be sure a loan deal is happening?

Scott Wilson:

Hughton skirted around the Ben Arfa situation after the game, but it's sounding much more likely that a loan deal will happen. #NUFC

Well if he's saying nowt how can he be sure a loan deal is happening?

you are forgetting that the reading of the runes depends entirely on the predisposition of the reader.

for some "hughton says nowt" means ashleys being a twat  and is personally trying to ruin the club.

for others "hughton says nowt" means another jonas type signing is imminent

for others "hughton says nowt" means hughton hasn't the bottle to spea or walk or piss without mikes say so.