Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I wouldn't go that far like.

Well, well, well. It's looking good! Hope we can bring this thing home now.

The great thing about this, should we pull this off, is the fact that the outlay for this will only be £800,000! So it should hopefully allow us to spend a bit more money in other areas.

:idiot2:

Well at least one central midfield destroyer with legs! Please God!

Maybe a bit too optimistic I know ... but I remain hopeful.

Why?

Why not? He's fully match-fit as well so might even start if he's here by Thursday or Friday.

It was more of a general wondering to be honest more than a fixed assumption I had.

With there appearing to be a bit of uncertainly over when he may or may not arrive/sign, I was just wondering if it may all happen in time. I can never remember when the deadlines are for appearing in the next available match.

:thup:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2010/20100808_011356_ben-arfa-droles-d-adieux.html

"Personally, I have not experienced this game like the last, I did not take a head with it. When I got home, I was comfortable, I was happy to be on the ground. I felt good tonight. I have lived it quietly. Again, I gave myself fully in this jersey. The standing ovation at my entrance into play? it touches me, it's nice. Anyway, the fans of Olympique de Marseille have always been behind me and I appreciate them very much for that. I wanted to tell them and I thank them. "

"What good memories"

Before microphones and cameras, but the shadow of the spotlight at the Velodrome, Hatem Ben Arfa is back on his years in Marseilles, which "as if one page was about to turn. "You make me talk to the imperfect but I'm still here, he said, a smile. If I must go now, I shall address the three titles that I won last year, memories of a great public, a beautiful city, the media excitement around the club. Here we measure the difference between OM and other clubs in France. All this, this passion, we will feel good when you wear this jersey. Any player who moves here can keep only good memories, I think. "

For the first time, the player has agreed to look across the Channel, giving its opinion on the Premiership: "This is a championship quality with wholesale clubs. The Premier League, for me, is one of those elite championships such as Italy, Spain or Germany."

Guest zinaldo1982

£2.4m pounds a year before tax  so it works out to £200.000 a month,£50.000 a week,if we can pay coloccini 80.000 a week when he was in the second division then we can pay this player with almost world class like talent even £60.000 a week if that is what he demands because remember he is only going to take home £25000 after the 50% tax.

Ben arfa makes a month without the bonuses and other things £161.630.31 a month given that in france the monthly tax charge is £46.334.58 for footballers in france so we need to at least meet him half way there .

Guest malandro

I'd be very surprised if we've got this far without knowing what he's on and being prepared to pay it.

its ashley, expect the unexpected

Knowing Ashley it was probably the second question we asked.

The first being do you want to buy the naming rights to a football stadium?

:laugh:

'Would you print names on these shirts for us? Please?'

What is that all about, have they run out of glue?

Guest malandro

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2010/20100808_011356_ben-arfa-droles-d-adieux.html

"Personally, I have not experienced this game like the last, I did not take a head with it. When I got home, I was comfortable, I was happy to be on the ground. I felt good tonight. I have lived it quietly. Again, I gave myself fully in this jersey. The standing ovation at my entrance into play? it touches me, it's nice. Anyway, the fans of Olympique de Marseille have always been behind me and I appreciate them very much for that. I wanted to tell them and I thank them. "

"What good memories"

Before microphones and cameras, but the shadow of the spotlight at the Velodrome, Hatem Ben Arfa is back on his years in Marseilles, which "as if one page was about to turn. "You make me talk to the imperfect but I'm still here, he said, a smile. If I must go now, I shall address the three titles that I won last year, memories of a great public, a beautiful city, the media excitement around the club. Here we measure the difference between OM and other clubs in France. All this, this passion, we will feel good when you wear this jersey. Any player who moves here can keep only good memories, I think. "

For the first time, the player has agreed to look across the Channel, giving its opinion on the Premiership: "This is a championship quality with wholesale clubs. The Premier League, for me, is one of those elite championships such as Italy, Spain or Germany."

You don’t get prose like that from Lee Ryder.

"What good memories"

He's so far up himself he's invisible. But seeing as it looks like it's going to happen, let's hope Hughton can bring the best out of that rampant ego.

Guest zinaldo1982

It says that the chairman wants ben arfa to agree to the wages and then we would wrap up the deal.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JgpgLSvz8io/SxHWYFPauyI/AAAAAAAAAZM/yNZlExAp5tU/s1600/Ben+Arfa+Hatem-792193.jpg

http://images.teamtalk.com/08/01/800x600/Laurent_Robert_622318.jpg

Lookalikes?

its like a jenas and robert lovechild

I'd be very surprised if we've got this far without knowing what he's on and being prepared to pay it.

its ashley, expect the unexpected

Knowing Ashley it was probably the second question we asked.

The first being do you want to buy the naming rights to a football stadium?

:laugh:

'Would you print names on these shirts for us? Please?'

What is that all about, have they run out of glue?

James has been sniffing it by the looks of the last few pages.

We don't even discuss wages with him surely?! It's the club we talk to about what % we pay.

or if he wants extra

I can't imagine there's ever been a loan deal in the history of football where that has happened. :lol:

bullard tried for it with celtic

Did he? I genuinely don't know the full story, just assumed he was expecting the same crazy wages he was on at Hull.

quotes from hulls chairman

"The deal is off... because of the absolutely ridiculous financial demands being made by the player," said Pearson. "We have bent over backwards to try to make this happen and four weeks ago there was an agreement with Celtic in place over a year-long loan.

"But now it seems Jimmy wants extra cash on top and he has jeopardised the chance to play for a great club. Who would not want to play for Celtic with a chance of European football and silverware?

Sewelly is usually a good poster but he spouted some rubbish about La Liga and the Premiership earlier, christ, cliche bingo.

I'll be delighted if we pull this one off, if he signs and keeps fit I would be confident of staying up. One or two more additions are still needed to be sure though.

Sewelly is usually a good poster but he spouted some rubbish about La Liga and the Premiership earlier, christ, cliche bingo.

I'll be delighted if we pull this one off, if he signs and keeps fit I would be confident of staying up. One or two more additions are still needed to be sure though.

The thing with cliches is they are often an exaggerated version of the truth. The Prem is utter pap for the most part, I have no doubt about that. Didn't miss not watching it regularly one bit last season.

Conversely I watched La Liga and Serie A consistently. Far more absorbing leagues imo.