Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Trust me, I remember the Souness era and I fully appreciate that it was not a good time for the club and I know that he fell out with players but Laurent Robert PUBLICLY criticised Souness AND THE NEWCASTLE TEAM at the time.

He had every right to.

Trust me, I remember the Souness era and I fully appreciate that it was not a good time for the club and I know that he fell out with players but Laurent Robert PUBLICLY criticised Souness AND THE NEWCASTLE TEAM at the time.

He had every right to.

I don't think any employee has the right to publicly criticise his boss/his company he's working for.

Same rules should apply for football.

Not that I think Robert wasn't right that time, but he probably shouldn't have told it openly, but more straight to Souness.

Guest neesy111

He had every right to.

I don't think any employee has the right to publicly criticise his boss/his company he's working for.

Same rules should apply for football.

Not that I think Robert wasn't right that time, but he probably shouldn't have told it openly, but more straight to Souness.

Football is a business that is complete in the public's eye's and access, so it's completely different to someone in a small business doing it.

http://www.sport.fr/football/l-equipe-de-france-de-football-retour-l-om-pour-ben-arfa-194158.shtm

Homme clé du match contre la Norvège, le milieu offensif de l'OM, entré à la pause, a marqué un but somptueux du gauche à la 48e minute qui a éclairé la soirée des Bleus. A n'en point douter, Hatem Ben Arfa a marqué des points auprès de Laurent Blanc. Après une telle prestation, difficile d'imaginer l'OM laisser filer l'attaquant international à Newcastle. Et pourtant...

Une défaite n'est pas forcément un signe négatif... Certes l'équipe neuve bâtie par Laurent Blanc s'est inclinée hier soir à Oslo, mais l'état d'esprit et la volonté du groupe laissent présager un avenir un peu meilleur.

Hatem Ben Arfa, entré à la pause, a su semer le désordre à chacune de ses prises de balle. Mieux, il marque sur son premier ballon, d'un tir limpide du gauche. Pratiquement certain d'avoir gagné sa titularisation au sein de l'équipe de France, le milieu offensif marseillais, qui espérait rejoindre Newcastle en Angleterre dès aujourd'hui, va devoir rentrer à Marseille. Au programme de la soirée : un rendez-vous avec son conseiller, Michel Ouazine, et son avocat, maître Jean-Jacques Bertrand, pour discuter de son avenir.

Une porte entre-ouverte pour la Premier League...

Pour l'instant, les consignes sont claires. L'attaquant international de 23 ans reste à Marseille. Sans Mamadou Niang, et malgré l'arrivée de Luis Fabiano, Didier Deschamps craint en effet d'être un peu court devant... On le comprend! Reste que Ben Arfa n'a plus envie de travailler sous les ordres de Deschamps et l'a encore indiqué hier à Jean-Claude Dassier.

Devant cette situation de blocage, Jean-Claude Dassier pourrait revoir sa position si Newcastle envoie une proposition alléchante à l'OM. Ce n'est pas le cas pour le moment : le prêt payant de 700 000 euros et les options d'achat définitif du joueur dans un an ne satisfont pas le patron du club marseillais. On imagine aisément que Jean-Claude Dassier espère secrètement rabibocher Hatem Ben Arfa et Didier Deschamps. Affaire à suivre...

Trust me, I remember the Souness era and I fully appreciate that it was not a good time for the club and I know that he fell out with players but Laurent Robert PUBLICLY criticised Souness AND THE NEWCASTLE TEAM at the time. Now what I was getting at is if you want to carry on seeing players with that sort of attitude at the club then more fool you!

I never doubted the skill of Laurent and Charles just their attitudes when they get the hump!

He didn't critcise the team.

He just said the team wasn't as good as in the previous season, which was talking utter common sense, considering the previous season we we're 5th and that season we we're 11th/12th at the time.

The lil rascal eh? :lol:

"Are we better this year than last year? No, I don't think so," he said. "Are we the same? No, probably worse.

"I don't think we are playing as well this season as last. We have not played well in the last three games. We have been very, very bad. We were awful against Aston Villa and we lost at Tottenham and we were not playing good football.

"It is difficult to explain why we are playing so badly, but we have to get out of it quickly. Sporting are not as good as Marseille, they do not play such good football, but like last year, we are getting injuries and suspensions at the wrong time

Absolute disgrace. Don't want a cancer like that anywhere near the club ever again. Give me a "proper" player who'll blame poor performances on bad luck and dodgy referees over that any day.

However, though it pains me to say it, to be fair to Souness  (:puke:), hindsight showed he was probably right to get rid of Robert when he did (even though it was probably as much for non-footballing reasons as good judgement on his part). The problem was not replacing him adequately.

I seem to remember interviews from Given and Shearer at around the same time where they said pretty much the same things.

The guy's agent (or entourage or whatever) must have a fucking big gob considering the frequency of stuff appearing in the French media. He wanted to fly straight back to Newcastle? :lol:

The guy's agent (or entourage or whatever) must have a fucking big gob considering the frequency of stuff has appearing in the French media. He wanted to fly straight back to Newcastle? :lol:

It's obvious his agent is trying to stir things up, possibly to get a move here or maybe to get assurances from Marseille he'll play in his preferred position. If it's the former I'm all for it.