Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Marseille have done f*** all wrong tbh. Why would you be prepared to loan out a player like that unless you absolutely had to? They were always going to wait to see if someone would pay the relative pittance he was going for.

Sometimes words fail me.

Every other f***ing post tbh.

His post is exactly what's wrong with a lot on here you included. It's always Ashley's fault, you can't see the wood for the trees and always see the pessimism in any transfer situation regarding Newcastle.

What a f***ing dimwit you are.

Whose fault is it then that we wouldn't pay a ridiculously low fee for a young French international?

It's nothing to do with paying fee's.

Marseille said to him, go and find a new club. He didn't say I want to leave, they told him to go, so he did everything became agreed, then some other clubs came sniffing around and they got greedy and decided to start moving the goalposts so to speak. The interested parties such as Benfica decided against it when they found out his wage demands, all the while we were still under the idea of a loan for 800k. They started demanding more money claiming more interest when there really wasn't. Rightly or wrongly, I believe rightly we said no because we had a deal in place, and the player was doing it all on his own by refusing to train.

I think we were right to hold our position, they wanted an outright purchase, we didn't, and with good reason. He's a fantastic talent no doubt about that I'd love to have him here, but he has undeniable attitude problems, there's nothing stopping him pulling this with us when a bigger club comes in. If come September 1st , we have no one of similar potential or in that position, then I will openly criticise the club for not having contingency plans should this deal collapse.

But to make out like we've dithered and made excuses is daft. They've tried to be greedy and we've not budged.

Trying to get him on loan to me showed we weren't totally confident in him

With good reason, too. Given his record of trouble at previous clubs, it would have been madness to try and buy him. Marseilles haven't exactly been stampeded with offers - most clubs were steering well clear.

I've never been convinced that this move would work out, so I'm not too bothered.

so would you prefer a team of kevin nolan's to players of quality  :facepalm:

that's right out of the gordon lee / graeme souness hand book of how not to manage

we finished 5th with gordon lee, our best season well over 20years.

then with the team he left, got relegated the next season!!! selling our best star player as well

Wouldn't be so bad if his reign didn't take place a decade before Mr and Mrs Nee bumped uglies.

Maybe he just decided that 72k in Germany is better than 45k in England.....

Saves having to learn the exchange rate i suppose.

Less Tax to pay as well I believe

42% in germany over 52000euro.

My own personal clutching at straws is that a fair number of our signings have come relatively out of the blue and there's still two weeks left in the window. Admittedly, the quality is bound to be lower, though.

Premiership signings tend to be more difficult to keep low key

only the perch signing was out of the blue, campbell and gosling were known about for sometime

Perch who we tried to get in January and was widely reported we'd probably go back for? Hardly out of the blue.

Well, that's those straws dropped, then.

Guest neesy111

Marseille have done f*** all wrong tbh. Why would you be prepared to loan out a player like that unless you absolutely had to? They were always going to wait to see if someone would pay the relative pittance he was going for.

Sometimes words fail me.

His post is exactly what's wrong with a lot on here you included. It's always Ashley's fault, you can't see the wood for the trees and always see the pessimism in any transfer situation regarding Newcastle.

Whose fault is it then that we wouldn't pay a ridiculously low fee for a young French international?

Marseille said to him, go and find a new club. He didn't say I want to leave, they told him to go, so he did everything became agreed, then some other clubs came sniffing around and they got greedy and decided to start moving the goalposts so to speak. The interested parties such as Benfica decided against it when they found out his wage demands, all the while we were still under the idea of a loan for 800k. They started demanding more money claiming more interest when there really wasn't. Rightly or wrongly, I believe rightly we said no because we had a deal in place, and the player was doing it all on his own by refusing to train.

I think we were right to hold our position, they wanted an outright purchase, we didn't, and with good reason. He's a fantastic talent no doubt about that I'd love to have him here, but he has undeniable attitude problems, there's nothing stopping him pulling this with us when a bigger club comes in. If come September 1st , we have no one of similar potential or in that position, then I will openly criticise the club for not having contingency plans should this deal collapse.

But to make out like we've dithered and made excuses is daft. They've tried to be greedy and we've not budged.

With good reason, too. Given his record of trouble at previous clubs, it would have been madness to try and buy him. Marseilles haven't exactly been stampeded with offers - most clubs were steering well clear.

I've never been convinced that this move would work out, so I'm not too bothered.

that's right out of the gordon lee / graeme souness hand book of how not to manage

then with the team he left, got relegated the next season!!! selling our best star player as well

Wouldn't be so bad if his reign didn't take place a decade before Mr and Mrs Nee bumped uglies.

gordon lee is hated by many older toon fans, my dad bangs on about him all the time! says he set the club back 15 years

Guest neesy111

Dont think Ashleys done anything wrong. We didnt get him, oh well.

so what do we do now, prey to the lord to make kevin nolan a decent player?

Honestly. We'll get some Leon Best style panic buys right in the end, failing to improve the team and we'll go down.

Hate to be so reactionary but if we can't cough up the cash for this relative bargain then we're really going to be scraping the barrel at the end of the day.

Sometimes words fail me.

Do you think all players fit into one of those two categories?

Guest Heneage

Sometimes words fail me.

I'm quoting this heap of s*** so you can't delete it when you've sobered up.

He's f***ed this one up because he's trying to do things on the f***ing cheap. Has the penny not dropped yet?

I don't drink.

:spit:

:angel:

This whole saga once again highlights the need for a DOF with even a modicum of footballing knowledge. Somehow we'd have been able to do a deal with this lot, even if it meant offering one of our overvalued donkeys, like Jonas.

Anyway, for the umpteenth consecutive time, we have 2 weeks left to save our season.

If he's not prepared to stick his hand in his pocket for the benefit of the team, he shouldn't be the owner of a football club.

He has done wrong in doing nothing to address problems that are 2-3 seasons old.

Ok, So it looks like he is set to go to Germany . . . . . . .

SO WHAT . . . . .

As much as i wanted to see a player of his 'Quality' sign for us there were warning signs.

1. He WANTED to come to us (erm how many 'World Class' players want to come to us - especially as we have just had a nightmare 5+ years)

2. He went on Strike to get his own way

3. No other premiership side went in for him (not even Blackpool)

4. He wants more than £500 per week which 'seems' to be Newcastkes Wage budget!

I got to admit that, as much as I think that MA's transfer policy does have its good points at the moment I am feeling proper low about things (not just this but in general).

Anyone got some rusty razor blades I can borrow?

Sometimes words fail me.

gordon lee is hated by many older toon fans, my dad bangs on about him all the time! says he set the club back 15 years

so the team he build gets to fifth, then he leaves and the wheels come off  means he was a bad manager ?

If he's not prepared to stick his hand in his pocket for the benefit of the team, he shouldn't be the owner of a football club.

He has done wrong in doing nothing to address problems that are 2-3 seasons old.

he made his position clear that he wasnt going to put his hand in his pocket

not one german site has this story (going by news now) im clutching at straws. This brings back the pain of the Modric saga.

Said that before, that's quite strange. Not believing it yet.

Could be something to increase our offers for him or anything.

I'm so f***ed off, I'm sick of getting the piss ripped out of me by that fat cockney c***.  You think you finally see a light at the end of a very f***ing long tunnel and you get this s***.

The final straw doesn't seem too far away.

The final straw for me was relegation, it should've been for everyone else too but people were willing to give him an easy ride when we were the best team in an inferior league. Missing out on HBA is bugger all in the grand scheme of big Ashley f*** ups, why people are only starting to get het up now I have no idea.

Heh, weren't you defending him the last couple of days?