Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Lets think.......who could I of meant. Nah its gone I am not sure who I meant.

Ben Arfa or Zog?

I have never seen Zog in French football & I have never seen Benny through the middle & I used to watch quite a few french football games when it was on Setanta. The Nigerian lad in the states who is on here is a OM fan so I guess he would know more than me or you. Have you seen HBA play in the middle?

I think Tiote/Smith will be used away from home or against the top teams. Just like last season you can see us being more expansive once we are secure in the league. Agree with the comments that this gives CH options. Exciting times. Does anyone think that HBA will push this through having seen the 6-0 and thinking it would have been 9-0 if he'd played!!!

I'd love to see how our lineup would be now. Its hard to justify dropping Nolan after the way he performed last match. Perhaps Routledge could see time on the bench?

nope, wouldn't drop him! I think width is vital to our play.

I wouldn't drop anyone for ben arfa at the moment, no need to change the  line-up from the villa match. I think it would somewhat hinder the morale anyway.

So you wouldn't drop Nolan for Hatem?  I'm aware Nolan scored twice but offered nothing else, he's a hindrance to the side tbh, it's like playing with ten men.  If the Poachers position doesn't exist anymore in top flight football (which it doesn't at the higher end) then a fat midfielder who will probably score 8-10 goals is certainly not.  Even Hughton has realised it by basically playing him up front.  We could probably get away with a proper 4-4-2 without him.

Nolan will drop back and play with Barton in midfield leaving HBA to play behind Caroll - but he can also use HBA out wide to rotate Routledge and Jonas. All we need now is Hutton at RB - on a loan of course

What about Tiote? And Gosling?

Looks like Guthrie won't be getting a game as well.

Apparently this is now on Chronicle website. Not on computer so can't check.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/08/26/ben-arfa-back-on-newcastle-radar-72703-27143760/

Ben Arfa back on Newcastle radar

Aug 26 2010 By Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Comments (7)Recommend (2) HATEM Ben Arfa's move to Newcastle United is back on - according to reports in France.

Marseille president Jean-Claude Dassier has claimed that a deal with United has been agreed to loan the French international with an additional clause to make the deal permanent should he play more than 25 matches.

Ben Arfa travelled to Tyneside 13 days ago to attempt to arrange his own move to the Premier League but did not get as far talks with the Magpies.

Newcastle are yet to respond to the claims from Marseille.

?

Nolan will drop back and play with Barton in midfield leaving HBA to play behind Caroll - but he can also use HBA out wide to rotate Routledge and Jonas. All we need now is Hutton at RB - on a loan of course

Looks like Guthrie won't be getting a game as well.

See if the SPL-All Stars want him on a 3 month deal as they have quite few midfielders out.

I'd normally agree with Gorilla but if you saw the MOTD analysis of Lee Dixon you'll have seen the two class, and different, balls from Nolan from Caroll flicks - one back to Caroll, one to Routledge. Also a good run when Smith was tripped. He does flatter to deceive sometimes but Sunday he was good.

I have never seen Zog in French football & I have never seen Benny through the middle & I used to watch quite a few french football games when it was on Setanta. The Nigerian lad in the states who is on here is a OM fan so I guess he would know more than me or you. Have you seen HBA play in the middle?

He played in that position for France against Norway.

Would make this an absolutely brilliant week if we can pull this off. Very pleased that Hughton has left his comfort zone to pursue Tiote and HBA (hopefully).

Also, I like zinaldo and this means he would probably stay.

Eh? :dowie:

He played in that position for France against Norway.

Like I said I cant recall seeing him play there for Lyon or OM

Lets think.......who could I of meant. Nah its gone I am not sure who I meant.

Ben Arfa or Zog?

i watched a few OM games last season and for all he didn't play strictly through the middle he does tend to drift all over. (the role i always thought ginola should have been given after beardsleys legs went)

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It's good we are getting more depth now!

Tiote will be a first choice starter I'd imagine, but Chris also says he likes Barton (His passing was something he mentioned). Can't see him replacing Nolan either tbh, maybe he will get some games out wide?

I'd normally agree with Gorilla but if you saw the MOTD analysis of Lee Dixon you'll have seen the two class, and different, balls from Nolan from Caroll flicks - one back to Caroll, one to Routledge. Also a good run when Smith was tripped. He does flatter to deceive sometimes but Sunday he was good.

I know but we've watched him in more than one match, maybe he can get better, maybe smith can as well, I don't know but I'd rather have someone with energy and pace in that role.