Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

Are his surnames ''Ben Arfa'' or just ''Arfa''?

I'm sure its the former but .com insist on calling him ''Ben'', as if its his first name

Nom : Ben arfa

Prenom : Hatem

Not being one to jump the gun I've steered away from the hysteria of the 'will he/wont he' shit.

But, just sat and did a bit of Youtube'ing. Two things do most definitely stand out.

1, He has some excellent close up skills.

2, It very rarely led to anything of quality.

Ok, it might well be the editing which then leads me to ask if any of you statty twats have worked out his goals per game ratio, assists etc?

Not being one to jump the gun I've steered away from the hysteria of the 'will he/wont he' s***.

But, just sat and did a bit of Youtube'ing. Two things do most definitely stand out.

Ok, it might well be the editing which then leads me to ask if any of you statty twats have worked out his goals per game ratio, assists etc?

hahaha harsh... :coolsmiley:

Not being one to jump the gun I've steered away from the hysteria of the 'will he/wont he' shit.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nSknY8_CNcM/R59VgBTTJyI/AAAAAAAABlw/AXxPG8rvxwg/s400/dennis+wise.jpg

Guest malandro

24 goals and 16 assists in 173 career appearances.

Doesn’t quite match the hype does it? Not that stats are a reliable guide to a players worth.

Doesnt quite match the hype does it? Not that stats are a reliable guide to a players worth.

Indeed, stats on assists/ goals don't tell you the full story in terms of the space and opportunities createed for others

Guest malandro

Doesnt quite match the hype does it? Not that stats are a reliable guide to a players worth.

Indeed, stats on assists/ goals don't tell you the full story in terms of the space and opportunities createed for others

On the other hand goals win matches not space and extrapolating out those stats over a 38 game season works out as 4 assists and about 5 goals. It could be also be that if he does the quintessential French winger thing (namely standing around with his hand on his hips when he should be tracking back) he might cost us goals.

I think he’ll bring a lot to the team, but expectations on this thread may well be way ahead of reality.

Guest malandro

Those numbers really aren't that bad considering he's been in and out of first teams (I think).

But that in itself is at odds with the notion that he’s fucking brilliant. Brilliant players don’t drop in and out of the first team. I’m not trying to run the lad down but fear some might be expecting too much.

Those numbers really aren't that bad considering he's been in and out of first teams (I think).

But that in itself is at odds with the notion that he’s fucking brilliant. Brilliant players don’t drop in and out of the first team. I’m not trying to run the lad down but fear some might be expecting too much.

He's dropping down a level coming here though.

He's an attacking midfielder who can take on a player and has a bit of pace, he's already better than anything we have.

Yeah, exactly. People are just excited that we are getting a player that has some flair about him and is a better attacking option from midfield than what we have already which could make all the difference come May. If he was that brilliant he obviously wouldn't be coming to Newcastle on loan.

Tbh from what I have seen he is Jonas with better end product and never gives the ball away unless it's in his favour i.e. corners of free kicks to us.

He also has a very un-jonas like pam!