Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Recoba

Aye I know, but its a long shot to become Arsenal in one summer.

Cabaye for instance has a similar record to Bruno Cheyrou.

I'm playing devils advocate here, I think we will do well next season. Houllier signed shit on the back of a world cup. My dad thinks British players are more important than they are imo.

Guest Sadoldgit

It was apparently a "clean break" so he should be alright, mike ashley of all people wouldn;t give the lad a 5 year contract if there was a bif chance fo complications, i'd imagine.

Don't doubt his leg's fine, just hope his head is. I certainly won't be feeling that great anytime I see some lumbering meathead baring down on the lad.

and thats just Steven Taylor in Training!

I'm playing devils advocate here, I think we will do well next season. Houllier signed shit on the back of a world cup. My dad thinks British players are more important than they are imo.

What does he think about the man you're named after? ;)

What does he think about the man you're named after? ;)

il Chino  :smitten:

Guest Chubby Jason

HBA is a fkn legnd tbh  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Loved Recoba, class player.

Actually laughed when he scored that goal against us at SJP, was just ridiculous.  Gets brought on and 2 touches later he's curled a peach into the top corner.

what about his debut against Brescia, then?  2 quality strikes including one from near the half way line.

Actually laughed when he scored that goal against us at SJP, was just ridiculous.  Gets brought on and 2 touches later he's curled a peach into the top corner.

There was one edition of PES when he was practically the best player in the whole game imo.  The Inter side was something else.

Guest mimifrench

I know and i understand why some of you are still not absolutely convinced by Hba (in term of loyalty in the fture for example), considering his behaviour in the past with some clubs... but i really think he won't do the same with nufc mainly because you've bring him something special and help him during his recovery.

I think he won't leave until he pays the club back for it suport. I hope he'll do like this but if it's not the case he'll be seriously an idiot !

And i repeat again in the past when he behaved not well with OM or Lyon it was because THEY did something bad/wrong to him, not the contrary...

There was one edition of PES when he was practically the best player in the whole game imo.  The Inter side was something else.

Probably had something to do with the fact the creator of PES (Seabass) is a massive Inter Milan fan hence them always appearing stronger in comparison to other teams statistically stronger...

Guest Recoba

He won't have a clue. Never watches anything not involving English teams.

Eh? Then surely he wouldn't have a clue about our French signings that haven't played in England?  :undecided:

Agree completely. Think its a fear of the unknown. A lot of mags will be sceptical until the see our new lads play.

Loved Recoba too. I just wish he could have enjoyed some of the recent success at Inter. Though perhaps him being gone was a reason for the success.. Mourinho wouldn't have had him.

It's odd how things turn out. If he hadn't had the injury, he might well have had a frustrating season as an individual maverick trying to make things happen in a fairly ordinary side. It may all have ended with him being keen to move.

As it is, I think he's going to be coming into a team that's much more set up to his style of play, and where there's less pressure on him because he won't be our only real danger man.

It's odd how things turn out. If he hadn't had the injury, he might well have had a frustrating season as an individual maverick trying to make things happen in a fairly ordinary side. It may all have ended with him being keen to move.

As it is, I think he's going to be coming into a team that's much more set up to his style of play, and where there's less pressure on him because he won't be our only real danger man.

http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Ben-Arfa-stretcher.jpg

"Thanks Nigel!"

:laugh:

(I do get what you mean btw)

"Thanks Nigel!"

What a player. Most players when they suffer even a moderate injury would just cover their face on the way out. HBA somehow decided to wave to the fans after a double leg break, that takes character, I have a feeling that unless he gets a crazy offer from the likes Barcelona, Madrid or Man Utd, he will be with us for a good few years.

"Thanks Nigel!"

What a player. Most players when they suffer even a moderate injury would just cover their face on the way out. HBA somehow decided to wave to the fans after a double leg break, that takes character, I have a feeling that unless he gets a crazy offer from the likes Barcelona, Madrid or Man Utd, he will be with us for a good few years.

Actually, i over looked thefact that he waved to the fans while he was probably in a lot of pain with a broken leg on a stretcher. That was a realtouch of class, imo.