Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest mimifrench

I almost hate these 2 players  :rant:

Thought you'd like it...

Because my parents are from Algeria ? No, no, no... Benzema is an arrogant and c... player. For, Nasri i really can't get what he has that is so special, i think he is "fourbe" (sorry don't know how to translate it) with a mocking smile.

The picture of HBA on that link is just perfect... I'll be very grateful to the one who can make it as my avatar  :shifty:

http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/ben-arfa-retour-au-football-04-04-2011-1392090.php

Do it yourself.

Save it to your computer.  Go to your profile, click on modify profile, click on forum profile, Where it says "Personalised Picture" click on browse, select "I will upload my own picture" select the photo you've saved, click on open, at the bottom of the page click on change profile and that should work.

I almost hate these 2 players  :rant:

Thought you'd like it...

Because my parents are from Algeria ? No, no, no... Benzema is an arrogant and c... player. For, Nasri i really can't get what he has that is so special, i think he is "fourbe" (sorry don't know how to translate it) with a mocking smile.

No, I thought you'd like it, because it was obvious to me that you don't like them!

Fourbe? I think that would translate to misleading/deceitful/sly???

Guest hatem garrincha

Didn't Lauren Blanc say something naughty about how there were too many non-whiteys playing for France? May be remembering wrong.

It was even worse than that.

In a meeting between techncians of the french federation, Laurent Blanc said something like "Black players = strong footballers physically without technique - White players = technique, intelligence - We have too many strong black players and not enough players like Xavi and Iniesta"

After it was revealed by a web journal, he said it was misinterpretated...

Didn't Lauren Blanc say something naughty about how there were too many non-whiteys playing for France? May be remembering wrong.

In a meeting between techncians of the french federation, Laurent Blanc said something like "Black players = strong footballers physically without technique - White players = technique, intelligence - We have to much strong black players and not enough players like Xavi and Iniesta"

Where do arab players fit in? Is it a perfect blend of the two providing coffee coloured nirvana?

Guest hatem garrincha

In a meeting between techncians of the french federation, Laurent Blanc said something like "Black players = strong footballers physically without technique - White players = technique, intelligence - We have to much strong black players and not enough players like Xavi and Iniesta"

Where do arab players fit in? Is it a perfect blend of the two providing coffee coloured nirvana?

Many in France think that maghrebians players have great technique without "football brain"... "savage technique" if you prefer

In a meeting between techncians of the french federation, Laurent Blanc said something like "Black players = strong footballers physically without technique - White players = technique, intelligence - We have too many strong black players and not enough players like Xavi and Iniesta"

Oh dear...

Many in France think that maghrebians players have great technique without "football brain"... "savage technique" if you prefer

Yes I can see it now. That Zinadine Zidane always looked a bit clueless on reflection :lol:

Guest hatem garrincha

Yes I can see it now. That Zinadine Zidane always looked a bit clueless on reflection :lol:

Yes Zidane is the best example to oppose to those cliches.

Guest hatem garrincha

:undecided:

Can see why French clubs can struggle to keep hold of players really if that's all accurate, heard at time about Laurent Blanc comments but wasn't true if it was widespread or exaggerated or something

Blanc recognized to have pronounced some of those words and publically asks pardon but he also said that he did not mean that there's no black players a la Xavi.

Concerning the FFF technic director, "Mediapart" reveals that in this same meeting, he placed the idea of qotas in the recruitment of double nationality young players...

That meeting was secretly recorded by a member of the federation.

:undecided:

Can see why French clubs can struggle to keep hold of players really if that's all accurate, heard at time about Laurent Blanc comments but wasn't true if it was widespread or exaggerated or something

remember those quotes as among the most idiotic I've ever heard. Can't believe he was still in a job after that

Guest mimifrench

To be fair, the French are generally racist as f***.  They were pretty much voluntary Nazis (bar a very small minority of brave resistance fighters) from 1939-1944 after all.  Not to mention the National Front stuff.

Have you ever been to France or are you just repeating what you've been told ?