Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

The reception for Ba going off and Ben Arfa coming on was class. Thought he was 'only' okay, but this is just the first step. Can't wait to see him back in full flow, I just hope our fans recognise that he's the kind of player that will invariably waste a lot of promising situations during a match by trying to do far too much.

The reception for Ba going off and Ben Arfa coming on was class. Thought he was 'only' okay, but this is just the first step. Can't wait to see him back in full flow, I just hope our fans recognise that he's the kind of player that will invariably waste a lot of promising situations during a match by trying to do far too much.

Very true. One time, he made some space and should have played it to Simpson to whip it in, but he turned back and tried to take on two blokes. Think he really wanted to impress today, sure he wont be as eager as time goes on. Noticed he was down the tunnel pretty sharp after the final whistle??

?

Very true. One time, he made some space and should have played it to Simpson to whip it in, but he turned back and tried to take on two blokes. Think he really wanted to impress today, sure he wont be as eager as time goes on. Noticed he was down the tunnel pretty sharp after the final whistle??

?

Aye, I chuckled at that though was disappointed he lost the ball. He just didn't want to give it to Simpson. Not even kidding. It happens a fair bit.

?

Yep, him and Marveaux.

I notice Pardew says he was going to bring Lovenkrands on instead btw. :lol:

?

Yep, him and Marveaux.

Yeah, can only assume he was trying to keep Loven spirits up after Tuesday. Not sure for the burst down the tunnel from HBA. Wouldnt suprise me if he was a little annoyed that he didnt score. Maybe im looking into it too much. Probvs just wanted a sandwich.

?

Yep, him and Marveaux.

he said what?

?

Yep, him and Marveaux.

he said what?

"With Ramadan, Ba had a difficult, slow start and he had a couple of cameos to get him up to speed. But he helped us control midfield today.

"Peter Lovenkrands should have come on but it was a good game for Ben Arfa, the crowd were in good voice. He deserves that. He's got some work to do to get back into the team."

:laugh:

For the record, I'm not criticising him at all for his performance today or style of play generally. He's a luxury flair player, one we are lucky to have. All I'm saying is that I hope our fans (particularly at home) realise that not only will he take a while to get back to top form, with his style of play he'll always be involved in turnover of possession.

For the record, I'm not criticising him at all for his performance today or style of play generally. He's a luxury flair player, one we are lucky to have. All I'm saying is that I hope our fans (particularly at home) realise that not only will he take a while to get back to top form, with his style of play he'll always be involved in turnover of possession.

i agree, thought he was a bit un-selfish a couple of times, particularly when he cut across for Best.

with our two up top playing well i wonder what he's gonna have to do to get in the team though. in reality Best or Ba will get injured and that'll be the decision made for us.

Good point Dave. The other thing is now the team is playing collectively with some intricate passing. It's quite different from the team that met Everton where HBA was the focal point and was driving us forward almost single handedly? He will have to gel with the team instead of being the superstar

Haven't seen or heard what pards has said but perhaps he meant that lovenkrands had, through his brace at forest, earned the right to be first in line to come on. But the reality was that he would have offered nothing, particularly when compared with Hatem and sylv

The first sentence is pretty much exactly how he described the situation on NUFC TV.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Was much better against Forest but obviously had less time today and was more than likely trying too hard to impress in a shorter space of time which probably worked against him in the end.

Cracking reception, deserved it. Difficult to dislodge one of the strikers though after todays game!

Guest Haris Vuckic

He was proper into it today, he was really desperate to prove something & the reception was class.

There was two young lads next to me & all they kept saying all game was ''there's Ben Arfa!!!'' when he was warming up so I think for a lot of fans he really is a star player.

He looked classy today & I think when he's starting he'll really help us.

I got goosebumps when he came on today, quite emotional as the last time I seen him play was at Everton!