Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Craig-NUFC

Think at times he's been two steps ahead of the other players. Only seen Cabaye and Ba on the same wavelength as him. Suppose that'll come for the other players the more they play with and get to understand Ben Arfa.

This game was always going to separate the wheat from the chaff. HBA has the quality to live with Rolls Royce players, while others are too busy doffing their caps and begging pardon for being on the same pitch as City's superstars.

Think at times he's been two steps ahead of the other players. Only seen Cabaye and Ba on the same wavelength as him. Suppose that'll come for the other players the more they play with and get to understand Ben Arfa.

To have Marveaux alongside him would have been class today.

This game was always going to separate the wheat from the chaff. HBA has the quality to live with Rolls Royce players, while others are too busy doffing their caps and begging pardon for being on the same pitch as City's superstars.

I don't see Coloccini, Krul, Saylor, Jonas, Cabaye, Guthrie or Sammy doffing any caps either. Reckon they all played well first half.

Should have had a pop instead of threading it through to Ba but a very encouraging half from him.

Ba should have just scored the chance in all honesty. He still looks a little "off" imo, but the qualities that make him Ben Arfa are beginning to shine through. Still trying to do too much, imo.

I don't see Coloccini, Krul, Saylor, Jonas, Cabaye, Guthrie or Sammy doffing any caps either. Reckon they all played well first half.

I think the full backs are the obvious players not quite up to this level, game though they've been this season. City exploited that.

He needs to realise he's not playing for f***ing Barcelona and keep it simple. seemed to get better as the half grew on though.

Eh? :lol:

To make my point more clear quite often he tries things that result in him losing the ball and giving it away to them easily, which will only put more pressure on us when were playing sides like City.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Yeah. Suppose good play = 'magic' just cos it's Ben Arfa, amirite? :razz:

The end of the first half was the magic I speak of :laugh:

He needs to realise he's not playing for fucking Barcelona and keep it simple. seemed to get better as the half grew on though.

The guy is a passenger. The thing that separates Barcelona is that the players immediately work to win back possesion. HBA stands around more than anything. Great - take on players and lose possesion but at least pretend that you are arsed enough to try and win it back.