Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

The thing that is annoying me most about this whole thing is the fact that Man City are a club with unlimited wealth and have a squad full of stars...........We however are on the bones of our arse and have somehow managed to sign a truely class player but yet it is US who lose our one and only star for the best part of the entire season while they stride on to glory like a bunch of cunts.

Its sickening and further proof that god does not exist.

Guest Wally_McFool

I'm prepared to let City off if they buy us Ben Arfa on a 5 year contract  as a gesture of good will.

:coolsmiley:  :crazy2:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

NUFC statement, Tuesday afternoon:

Newcastle United FC have today written a strongly -worded letter to the Football Association in relation to the tackle by Manchester City's Nigel de Jong on Hatem Ben Arfa in Sunday's Premier League fixture, which resulted in Ben Arfa sustaining a broken tibia and fibula of his left leg.

The club has asked the FA for the appropriate action to be taken against De Jong for the tackle which in the club's opinion was unnecessary and used excessive force.

Newcastle United will also be writing to the appropriate body regarding the performance of the match officials, specifically the referee, in relation to a number of incidents during the game including the tackle on Ben Arfa.

NSFW

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n203/Chriswok/letter.png

Guest Stephen927

It's happening too often whereby players with no real skill in the tackle are just going flying in. You look at someone like Scott Parker who is a brilliant tackler, he goes in hard but fair. De Jong is a thug, I don't understand why managers like Redknapp are saying the game is going too soft, it's because of horrific tackles and injuries that referees have to clamp down to protect the players (well, most referees...).

I'm all for going in tough, letting the opponent know you're there, but De Jong has consistently gone too far.

Newcastle United FC have today written a strongly -worded letter to the Football Association in relation to the tackle by Manchester City's Nigel de Jong on Hatem Ben Arfa in Sunday's Premier League fixture, which resulted in Ben Arfa sustaining a broken tibia and fibula of his left leg.

The club has asked the FA for the appropriate action to be taken against De Jong for the tackle which in the club's opinion was unnecessary and used excessive force.

Newcastle United will also be writing to the appropriate body regarding the performance of the match officials, specifically the referee, in relation to a number of incidents during the game including the tackle on Ben Arfa.

NSFW

:lol:

NSFW

I thought that was going to be an "it is a fact that" joke.

The thing that is annoying me most about this whole thing is the fact that Man City are a club with unlimited wealth and have a squad full of stars...........We however are on the bones of our arse and have somehow managed to sign a truely class player but yet it is US who lose our one and only star for the best part of the entire season while they stride on to glory like a bunch of c***s.

Its sickening and further proof that god does not exist.

Aye thats a point, they should have to give us Johnson or Milner till HBA is fit :D

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It's happening too often whereby players with no real skill in the tackle are just going flying in. You look at someone like Scott Parker who is a brilliant tackler, he goes in hard but fair. De Jong is a thug, I don't understand why managers like Redknapp are saying the game is going too soft, it's because of horrific tackles and injuries that referees have to clamp down to protect the players (well, most referees...).

I'm all for going in tough, letting the opponent know you're there, but De Jong has consistently gone too far.

scottparkeronjoecole.gif  :smitten:

Aye thats a point, they should have to give us Johnson or Milner till HBA is fit :D

Milner seemed quite happy about Ben Arfa going off, I stuck up for him while he was here, I'll never do that again.

Wonder if Jimmy Bullard agrees.

Wonder if Jimmy Bullard agrees.

Accident tbh, played a pass and fell on Bullard with both knees.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20101005/ben-arfa-boosted-by-fans-messages_2281670_2176008

Ben Arfa said: "I would like to thank all the Newcastle fans from the bottom of my heart for their fantastic messages of support and encouragement.

"The club are sending lots of messages through to me. I'm told they are arriving in their hundreds and that's really overwhelming. It's cheered me up no end and makes me feel really humble and honoured that the fans are showing such support for me.

"All I can say is a huge thank you to each and every one of them and I will relish the day that I'm able to pull on a black and white shirt again."

:smitten:

Thats great that so many people have sent in cards and messages etc.  Can only help our chances of having him stay at the end of the season,  tugging at his heartstrings like that.  Good work whoever made the effort.

Thats great that so many people have sent in cards and messages etc.  Can only help our chances of having him stay at the end of the season,  tugging at his heartstrings like that.  Good work whoever made the effort.

:thup:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Moonpig.com

:mackems:

Can you imagine sending a card through Moonpig with Ben Arfa's face on the front man. He'd love it.