Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

i used to like man city fans but moneys turned them all into a worse version of man utd fans, at least the man u fans know their football

Definitely. Atleast the proper Man U fans seem reasonable. I was reading their forum before and they're actually saying the same things we are - they have a thread about the more frequent occurence of broken legs, so it's not just the bias against City behind it. Reading the City board just makes me feel sick, absolute bunch of classless pricks.

I don't know. As I say, I've looked at it quite a few times, and it's not obviously a horrible tackle for me. It's not a good tackle by any means, and should definitely have been a free kick/card, but I doubt anyone would have really noticed it if it wasn't for the injury.

I kind of agree. It was a poor and dangerous challenge, but I've seen worse and certainly a few with more obvious malicious intent. Not something that necessarily needs an investigation for violent conduct, but most people not blinded by club loyalty would agree that a red card wouldn't be controversial. What makes it so infuriating is that the spineless cunt of a referee saw it and failed to give anything.

It's a scissor tackle. The right leg comes round and cracks the leg which is trapped by the left leg. It didn't look so bad cause it wasn't a massive dive in the damage was done at the end and as the ball broke free, nobody inc the ref was looking. Premeditated and cynical.

De Jong does this all the time though. His job is to pass the ball sideways and tackle hard. He was sent out to get stuck in to our most talented and threatening player, I have absolutely no doubt it.

Totally agree. Hope he gets a career ending tackle.

It's a scissor tackle. The right leg comes round and cracks the leg which is trapped by the left leg. It didn't look so bad cause it wasn't a massive dive in the damage was done at the end and as the ball broke free, nobody inc the ref was looking. Premeditated and cynical.

Exactly Parky, a bad tackle is not just a full blooded studs up tackle. I always thought that a scissor tackle was equally as bad and resulted in an automatic red card. In a way a scissor tackle is worse than a studs up tackle because in the latter the striker can still move just before the point of impact but in a scissor tackle once the front leg goes in to block the striker's leg, the striker in effect can't move anymore and all that is left is for the trailing leg to crash into the trapped leg. In other words the striker is at the mercy of the defender and all that determines whether there is a leg break is how strong is the impact of the trailing leg.   

Exactly Parky, a bad tackle is not just a full blooded studs up tackle. I always thought that a scissor tackle was equally as bad and resulted in an automatic red card. In a way a scissor tackle is worse than a studs up tackle because in the latter the striker can still move just before the point of impact but in a scissor tackle once the front leg goes in to block the striker's leg, the striker in effect can't move anymore and all that is left is for the trailing leg to crash into the trapped leg. In other words the striker is at the mercy of the defender and all that determines whether there is a leg break is how strong is the impact of the trailing leg.   

Tried to do the same to Tiote a bit later, but Tiote had alredy gone. That;s why he went back and stood over DeGone.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Can anyone get a picture of Ben arfa on the ground with the physio and De Jong hand slapping his team mates in the back ground, which was aired on ESPN?

Would like to send it to the FA

De Jong does this all the time though. His job is to pass the ball sideways and tackle hard. He was sent out to get stuck in to our most talented and threatening player, I have absolutely no doubt it.

Michael Essien, Mikel Obi, Mascherano, Sergio Busquets, Cambiasso, Alou Diarra, Lassana Diarra, Mahamadou Diarra,

This is a (very small) list of players that often do the same job on the pitch without breaking people's legs. He's an overly reckless player, and I genuinely do not understand why he is not punished for this.

Can anyone get a picture of Ben arfa on the ground with the physio and De Jong hand slapping his team mates in the back ground, which was aired on ESPN?

Did that really happen?...I just thought some of our supporters in their anger made that up...he's more of a cunt if he really did that!

To be 100% honest, I'm not sure how bad the challenge was. Yesterday I was fuming and adamant that it was horrific, but having seen it a few times today, and in full speed, I don't know anymore. I think it's debatable whether it was a bad tackle, a bad fall, or a combination of both.

I'd basically agree with everything Hughton said. I don't think it's a particularly malicious tackle, but I don't really understand why it needed to be made.

A bad fall? You're crazy. De Jong snaps his leg off, not the fall.

I'm sure he didn't mean to break his leg, but he did mean to make a tough tackle and take out the player. Taking the ball would just be collateral damage.

I don't know. As I say, I've looked at it quite a few times, and it's not obviously a horrible tackle for me. It's not a good tackle by any means, and should definitely have been a free kick/card, but I doubt anyone would have really noticed it if it wasn't for the injury.

Hindu, that's why I said EPL really got some problem.  You think it's not a "horrific" tackle.  In fact I agree IF YOU ARE GETTING USED TO THESE KINDA TACKLE EVERY GAMES EVERY WEEK.

The standard has gone way too far and the players simply got no protection. 

Get the point?  We should think that tackle as a horrific one if it can result serious injuries.  We didn't think so.  THAT'S THE PROBLEM.

I am not saying it's your fault, because we are watching these at least 5 times per match in EPL.

How can we show our support to him? I would love to send him a card and wish him the best, just dont know how really?

Fingers crossed that he returns the same player as before! Im devastated!

How can we show our support to him? I would love to send him a card and wish him the best, just dont know how really?

Fingers crossed that he returns the same player as before! Im devastated!

Hatem Ben Arfa

Newcastle United Football Club

St. James' Park

Newcastle upon Tyne

NE1 4ST

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Did that really happen?...I just thought some of our supporters in their anger made that up...he's more of a c*** if he really did that!

It did actually happen I think he walked over to 2 players and slapped their hands, and Kidd says no malice intended!

Btw you can leave comments on chronicles website for Ben arfa but it's highly unlikely he'll read that or be made aware of it. Best bet is to send your best wishes directly to Newcastle, if the response they get is big enough he'll be made aware deffinately. Would like to but I'd feel like a tit haha, hold his best wishes at heart though!

Did that really happen?...I just thought some of our supporters in their anger made that up...he's more of a c*** if he really did that!

A few players were hand slapping him, including Milner.  I watched a clip on Youtube last night and saw it again, if you find it keep watching in the background.  I saw it at the time and couldn't believe what I was watching.