Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I've played the game my entire life - I don't see how anyone who has stepped on a pitch can say that was clean or not as bad as it looked.  Like what has been said before, scissor tackling is absolute disgusting way to tackle and It's just as bad as going stud-in.  The whole freaking point of a scissor tackle is to take the trailing foot...Hm, looks like thats going for the player not the ball.

I can't wait for the return fixture.  De Jong would be smart to feign an injury or be left at home.  Give them hell.

De Jong does this all the time though. His job is to pass the ball sideways and tackle hard. He was sent out to get stuck in to our most talented and threatening player, I have absolutely no doubt it.

Michael Essien, Mikel Obi, Mascherano, Sergio Busquets, Cambiasso, Alou Diarra, Lassana Diarra, Mahamadou Diarra,

This is a (very small) list of players that often do the same job on the pitch without breaking people's legs. He's an overly reckless player, and I genuinely do not understand why he is not punished for this.

Exactly. All of those players comfortably play that role without damaging opponents, they all time their challenges and are disciplined players.

Cabiasso in my opinion, is one of the best players i have ever seen in that position. He doesnt everything by the book, and does everything right. Against Barcelona last year he was tremendous. Yet, i believe that the premier leagues lack of balls too do anything severe about things like this incident, are making players like De Jong, Henry, Cattermole, and even a certain Joey Barton in the past, not think twice about going into a challenge like the one we seen on saturday. As has been said time and time again, lengthy bans need to be handed out to ensure stuff like this is going to happen again (or karma towards De Jong).

However i am very happy with the performance of the team on satruday and no doubt will do all their best to beat wigan in 2 weeks time.

Cabiasso in my opinion, is one of the best players i have ever seen in that position. He doesnt everything by the book, and does everything right. Against Barcelona last year he was tremendous. Yet, i believe that the premier leagues lack of balls too do anything severe about things like this incident, are making players like De Jong, Henry, Cattermole, and even a certain Joey Barton in the past, not think twice about going into a challenge like the one we seen on saturday. As has been said time and time again, lengthy bans need to be handed out to ensure stuff like this is going to happen again (or karma towards De Jong).

However i am very happy with the performance of the team on satruday and no doubt will do all their best to beat wigan in 2 weeks time.

You're right, Cambiasso is the best. He's just an outright brilliant allround defensive midfielder and on pitch example-setter. De Jong (and the others) should maybe watch him play and learn a thing or too. To be honest, I doubt they care too much to make an effort.

De Jong does this all the time though. His job is to pass the ball sideways and tackle hard. He was sent out to get stuck in to our most talented and threatening player, I have absolutely no doubt it.

Michael Essien, Mikel Obi, Mascherano, Sergio Busquets, Cambiasso, Alou Diarra, Lassana Diarra, Mahamadou Diarra,

This is a (very small) list of players that often do the same job on the pitch without breaking people's legs. He's an overly reckless player, and I genuinely do not understand why he is not punished for this.

Essien was prone to a few leg breakers when he first signed for Chelsea, seems to have wiped that out of his game now though.

Essien was prone to a few leg breakers when he first signed for Chelsea, seems to have wiped that out of his game now though.

Mikel has been a horrible little shit too.

Sooooo....

Are we looking at 6 months until he is ready to return?

I'd make that 4 months solo rehab and two getting back in with the lads - sound about right?

As much as I'd love to see him back asap, hope nobody rushes the comeback until the leg is 100%, if that means he only plays 5 games at the season tail then so be it - his future is more important that fitting in anohter 4-5 games on a risky judgement call

If his injury is no more than we already know then he'll be back as good as ever once he gets over the mental scars.  I don't think anybody will rush him back as it's not worth it and we haven't rushed players back here since Souness left the club.  Owen rushed back so that he could play for his beloved England but that wasn't the fault of the club.

If his injury is no more than we already know then he'll be back as good as ever once he gets over the mental scars.  I don't think anybody will rush him back as it's not worth it and we haven't rushed players back here since Souness left the club.  Owen rushed back so that he could play for his beloved England but that wasn't the fault of the club.

Roeder made Shola play despite him having a serious career threatening injury that needed an operation.

Roeder made Shola play despite him having a serious career threatening injury that needed an operation.

Yet he's still that amazing footballer he was then, now. Take a bow shola

Guest firetotheworks

Shola's best spell as a Newcastle player was during that era too. It just shows you how crackers he's been as a player.

Hot topic on Talk Sport now

Heard some right c*** on 5Live defending De Jong to the hilt!! He even went as far as blaming Ben Arfa for the injury saying that he left his standing leg in the way, when he should have got out of the way of the tackle. What a prick! Had a southern (probably London accent) but couldn't make out who it was. Pleat and the host sounded bemused and tried to disagree with him, then brought the Dutch journalist on.

Guest elbee909

Hot topic on Talk Sport now

Heard some right c*** on 5Live defending De Jong to the hilt!! He even went as far as blaming Ben Arfa for the injury saying that he left his standing leg in the way, when he should have got out of the way of the tackle. What a prick! Had a southern (probably London accent) but couldn't make out who it was. Pleat and the host sounded bemused and tried to disagree with him, then brought the Dutch journalist on.

The guy should be shot, and then blamed for not dodging the bullet.  Yeah, that'd go down well in court.

Essien and Obi are both strong, physical players, but neither of them are dirty like De Jong. Essien is very throws his body around a lot, but rarely seriously injures players. Obi is often very cynical and can be nasty, but I cannot think of him doing this kind of damage to others on the pitch. Compare the career incidents of these players to what Nigel has done in the past six months. All the players I listed are physical, energetic player, by virtue of their position. I hope Tiote can develop the same way. However, it is only De Jong that is committing malicious attacks.