Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Why is it so hard for pundits/ex-players/etc to realize that there is a middle ground between completely eliminating any physicality from football and condoning the leg-snapping brutality of criminals like de Jong and Henry? 

You can disincentivize the clear thuggery without destroying honest physicality.

Redknapp just on SSN condoning the tackle saying we should be careful or we could lose that side of our game. Tool!

Clearly just relieved HBA won't be there to destroy his side. If it happened to Modric he'd be squealing like a stuck pig...but then what can you expect from a cunt like him?

by 'that sort of tackle' i mean one where the tackler is aiming to get the man aswell......what did you mean ?

'One where the tackler is aiming to get the man aswell' is already outlawed if dangerous surely? Reasonable guidelines are in place, all Calderwood and the others are saying is that there is no need to start banning hard tackles etc, just follow the current rules on a more consistant basis. This was bad challenge with a horrific outcome, the ref had the opportunity to punish him and didn't see fit, now the FA can't do diddly squat about it either. That is the key issue in my mind.

It is a serious issue that players are not getting the protection from the referees this season despite Shearer and the gangs guffaws, but the basic rules of the game I don't feel are in need of change, just a change of attitude, and a shake up of the utterly retarded system that does not allow the FA to revisit officials decisions after the game.

Football in this country is really making me sick at the moment like, so much wrong with it.

Football in this country is really making me sick at the moment like, so much wrong with it.

Why is it so hard for pundits/ex-players/etc to realize that there is a middle ground between completely eliminating any physicality from football and condoning the leg-snapping brutality of criminals like de Jong and Henry? 

You can disincentivize the clear thuggery without destroying honest physicality.

This^

I've never once heard anyone mention banning hard tackling, tackle as hard as you like as you have the ability to cleanly win the ball withought lunging in. Theres no excuse for your trailing leg wraping around (or even coming into hard contact) with the opposing player though.

Colin Calderwood has come out and said "It was unfortunate that HBA left his standing foot on he ground then he fell awkwardly!"

What Chance have we got?.

Just posted that in the de Jong thread.

"Tackles like that have to stay as part of the game"

f***ing moron.

Takes a special kind of dick to manage to say something that f***ing stupid

especially when the victim of such tackle is a player from a club that he happens to be the assistant manager of!

Suppose all is well and good after Ben Arfa recovers and plays to the level which we have already seen. He doesn't play enough games for the permanent transfer though. Do you guys reckon that Newcastle will stump up the 5m regardless?

i'm still not claer on the terms of this agreement. is it a) he HAS to play 25 games for us to have the option to buy him. or b) if he plays 25 games we HAVE to buy him for an agreed price?

any progress on finding out where we can send get well soon cards too, i think we should organise a mass Newcastle Online card sending bonanza

I'm all for that...count me in if ever

What a difference it makes that a player says he'll do everything to come back and play in a black & white shirt again compared to a certain Michael Owen who couldn't be bothered to play for us after getting injured, just for England.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Newcastle United have just written to the FA asking for action to be taken regarding the tackle made on Ben Arfa and regarding a number of the decisions made by the referee!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bit of a smack in the face for Colin Calderwood then?

Guest Stephen927

Newcastle United have just written to the FA asking for action to be taken regarding the tackle made on Ben Arfa and regarding a number of the decisions made by the referee!!

That's the right way to do it, good stuff. Not convinced anything will happen to the referee, maybe a fine and a ban for De Jong, surely?

That's the right way to do it, good stuff. Not convinced anything will happen to the referee, maybe a fine and a ban for De Jong, surely?

yeah i wouldnt hold your breath on that

Not that anything will be done, and to outsiders it will probably just make us look like a bunch of whinging cunts, but it's great to see that this type of behaviour from the refs will not be tolerated by the club any more. We've been on the end of some truly horrible refereeing performances so far already, we can't afford to let it continue.

NUFC statement, Tuesday afternoon:

Newcastle United FC have today written a strongly -worded letter to the Football Association in relation to the tackle by Manchester City's Nigel de Jong on Hatem Ben Arfa in Sunday's Premier League fixture, which resulted in Ben Arfa sustaining a broken tibia and fibula of his left leg.

The club has asked the FA for the appropriate action to be taken against De Jong for the tackle which in the club's opinion was unnecessary and used excessive force.

Newcastle United will also be writing to the appropriate body regarding the performance of the match officials, specifically the referee, in relation to a number of incidents during the game including the tackle on Ben Arfa.

I love physicality in this game, but De Jong is dirty. There is a stark difference. People cry for the physicality of the old days, but the kind of violence that involves breaking legs and puncturing lungs has been outlawed since the early part of the twentieth century. Nigel would have fit perfectly in the era when players were having their bowels perforated on a regular basis. It is alright if these things happen on an occasional basis, but you cannot deny the pattern forming around this young man.

NUFC statement, Tuesday afternoon:

Newcastle United FC have today written a strongly -worded letter to the Football Association in relation to the tackle by Manchester City's Nigel de Jong on Hatem Ben Arfa in Sunday's Premier League fixture, which resulted in Ben Arfa sustaining a broken tibia and fibula of his left leg.

The club has asked the FA for the appropriate action to be taken against De Jong for the tackle which in the club's opinion was unnecessary and used excessive force.

Newcastle United will also be writing to the appropriate body regarding the performance of the match officials, specifically the referee, in relation to a number of incidents during the game including the tackle on Ben Arfa.

And rightly so. :thup: