Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

What has he done to be as appreciate bloke Albert.

Philippe Albert? He is a cult hero here because of his style of playing from central defence, in particular because of a fantastic goal he scored against Manchester United when we beat them 5-0 almost exactly fifteen years ago (96/97 season). Have a look on video sharing websites if you haven't seen that goal before ("Philippe Albert Goal Newcastle 5-0 Man Utd"). He was a lovely player to watch and constantly rampaged forward to join in attacks, while his left-foot was a bit of a wand for such a big guy. He used to have a little set-piece routine with David Ginola that I loved as a kid (scoop and volley).

I think a lot of people associate him along with the likes of Asprilla and Ginola as real jewels in our crown during some of the best years in the recent history of this club, mainly because of their approach to the game and the flair they demonstrated. I personally have a massive amount of love for Albert, not least for his fantastic moustache, because I’ve never seen anybody quite like him in his position in this country. Thomas Vermaelen was showing some echoes of Albert in his early days at Arsenal – although with more brute force than what I would call “class” – and I’ve often wondered if he considers him an inspiration given their heritage.

That story would have been verging on sexual if Ben Arfa had personally hired Albert to teach them all English, in what sounded quite a forceful manner...if he also got Ollie Bernard and Sibierski in as backups it would been perfect...

I still think Bellamy vs. Feyenoord is the one for me in my lifetime, can't remember another goal of such drama, although I may be missing something hugely obvious.

I went from a lingering depression at 2-2 to pure excitement, then back to the verge of wrist-slitting and finally to jumping around my living room like an idiot in the space of a few seconds.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I have put a picture of Ben Arfa & Tiote as my phone background. It makes me smile.

http://www.fansonline.net/images/newcastleunited/hatem-ben-arfa-and-cheick-tiote.jpg

Guest mimifrench

Thanks all of you for the comments you made on my yesterday post, it's cool to see that i'm not useless in your forum !  :lol:

@Nath : the interview comes from canal + (french channel), report from yesterday night.

@Chezgiven : yes, Paris.

Cool, which part of town? I'm bottom of the 17th. Je suis tres bobo je sais.

:lol: Of course...

I live in the limit of the 14th (where i was born) and the 92 department (Hauts de seine, if you know).

Montrouge?

I know both well, i used to work at Pte D'Orleans was also based in Massy for a while so travelled through that part of the 92 everyday. I do business in Issy-les-moulineaux from time to time too.

Spot on.

We're almost neighbours !

Thanks all of you for the comments you made on my yesterday post, it's cool to see that i'm not useless in your forum !  :lol:

@Nath : the interview comes from canal + (french channel), report from yesterday night.

I live in the limit of the 14th (where i was born) and the 92 department (Hauts de seine, if you know).

Montrouge?

I know both well, i used to work at Pte D'Orleans was also based in Massy for a while so travelled through that part of the 92 everyday. I do business in Issy-les-moulineaux from time to time too.

Isn't there a photo of you and Ben Arfa knocking about somewhere, in a French nightclub?

Guest mimifrench

Montrouge?

Isn't there a photo of you and Ben Arfa knocking about somewhere, in a French nightclub?

Are you serious ?  :lol:

I've never met Ben arfa in real and... i don't go to "nightclubs" neither.

Moreover, there are no photos of me in internet.

He means ChezGiven.

I made a mistake sorry.

Gateshead basically is Newcastle.

Like s**** is it!

I only cross the bridge for 2 reasons, work and football, Gods Own Country has everything else i need.

I agree... Gateshead basically is Newcastle...

Guest mimifrench

They just showed on French tv a little report with the title "Newcastle : the French touch".

They particularly showed the come back of Ben arfa, so i've just seen the highlights of the end of the game , with him in the squad (i know it's late).

All i can said is that some people in here lied to me !

HBA was good, even very good... Played simply (compared to before), almost made an assist (or 2), French commentators even sayed he always wants to make passes in the front (not in the back). He made all that in 20-25 minutes and it was for his come back at SJP.

And Pardew wants him like an old n°10.

And was the crowd making some "olé" every time he got the balls  :lol: ?

They just showed on French tv a little report with the title "Newcastle : the French touch".

They particularly showed the come back of Ben arfa, so i've just seen the highlights of the end of the game , with him in the squad (i know it's late).

HBA was good, even very good... Played simply (compared to before), almost made an assist (or 2), French commentators even sayed he always wants to make passes in the front (not in the back). He made all that in 20-25 minutes and it was for his come back at SJP.

He did fine when he came on but the game was virtually over and we were cruising by that time. Not really anything to report other than one "nearly" assist.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Ben Arfa's shit at football. He's ugly too. Blocking Alan Smith's development.

Guest mimifrench

Ben Arfa's s*** at football. He's ugly too. Blocking Alan Smith's development.

I don't know why but i bet you're more than him...

He did fine when he came on but the game was virtually over and we were cruising by that time. Not really anything to report other than one "nearly" assist.

:nods:

Gateshead basically is Newcastle.

Like s**** is it!

I only cross the bridge for 2 reasons, work and football, Gods Own Country has everything else i need.

I agree... Gateshead basically is Newcastle...

No it isn't. Gateshead is the centre of the universe.

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

c'était quel emission

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

What has he done to be as appreciate bloke Albert.

Philippe Albert? He is a cult hero here because of his style of playing from central defence, in particular because of a fantastic goal he scored against Manchester United when we beat them 5-0 almost exactly fifteen years ago (96/97 season). Have a look on video sharing websites if you haven't seen that goal before ("Philippe Albert Goal Newcastle 5-0 Man Utd"). He was a lovely player to watch and constantly rampaged forward to join in attacks, while his left-foot was a bit of a wand for such a big guy. He used to have a little set-piece routine with David Ginola that I loved as a kid (scoop and volley).

I think a lot of people associate him along with the likes of Asprilla and Ginola as real jewels in our crown during some of the best years in the recent history of this club, mainly because of their approach to the game and the flair they demonstrated. I personally have a massive amount of love for Albert, not least for his fantastic moustache, because I’ve never seen anybody quite like him in his position in this country. Thomas Vermaelen was showing some echoes of Albert in his early days at Arsenal – although with more brute force than what I would call “class” – and I’ve often wondered if he considers him an inspiration given their heritage.

thank you