Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm struggling to see peoples reason for debate here.

From what i've read (which isn't everything), no-one has said he is s*** or even average for that matter. I think we all accept he is a talented footballer. All people are saying is that he needs to get his head up and play it simple a bit more often, yet the majority jump to his defence about not being sharp enough. Whilst I understand that this is a reason for lack of fitness, this isn't a reason that effects the brain. To look up and notice your team mates and/or the opposition is not something that is effected by a broken leg.

Also, it's just constructive criticism - yet people make it out that it's like Ben Arfa is above any form of criticism because of his talent. Well I can only remember one "superb" thing he's done for us so far and that was his goal vs Everton. He has to prove himself in Black and White for me to class him as a fan favourite, not just our world class injured man.

Because he's some what of a favourite people make countless excuses - which I could understand for someone like Shearer towards his end here, but for Hatem, he has more to do and I actually really think he will tonight.

Very rarely do you score goals by doing the simple things, there's no set formula to scoring goals, In actual fact theres no difference between someone trying to play a risky ball through the defence and someone trying to take on the fullbacks on a regualr basis, they both can come up with the same results yet one way of doings things Is frowned upon more than the other.

I'd personally encourage Ben arfa to dribble as much as possible in the final 3rd, the more a player has the ball the quicker the oppossition loses shape trying to regain possession, its these finer details which win matches. I don't think ill ever have a problem with HBA losing possession in the final 3rd because i know what he's actually capable of. 

Said it before but lionel Messi loses the ball more than any other player in the barcelona team, its the nature of the beast.

From what i've read (which isn't everything), no-one has said he is s*** or even average for that matter. I think we all accept he is a talented footballer. All people are saying is that he needs to get his head up and play it simple a bit more often, yet the majority jump to his defence about not being sharp enough. Whilst I understand that this is a reason for lack of fitness, this isn't a reason that effects the brain. To look up and notice your team mates and/or the opposition is not something that is effected by a broken leg.

Also, it's just constructive criticism - yet people make it out that it's like Ben Arfa is above any form of criticism because of his talent. Well I can only remember one "superb" thing he's done for us so far and that was his goal vs Everton. He has to prove himself in Black and White for me to class him as a fan favourite, not just our world class injured man.

Because he's some what of a favourite people make countless excuses - which I could understand for someone like Shearer towards his end here, but for Hatem, he has more to do and I actually really think he will tonight.

Thats a very good post and probably sums up where quite a few of us are.  O0

It didnt really start because of any of the points you have made. Everyone knows he needs to improve and everyone accepts it will take time. No biggie

It kicked off because Christmas Tree ( i feel stupid calling someone that) insinuated he may be a bad apple based of the fact he hasnt played a reserve game. A theory he has pulled out of his arse basically. Then shit went down.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Newcastle-Online/icon_lol.gif

A nice revision of history. Well done  :lol:

I said IF there was any truth in the press rumours that he had refused to play THEN he could be considered a BAD APPLE and should be moved on.

Nice try though  O0

Dont think we can afford to start with him untill hes fully up to scratch tbh to much of a luxury if he isnt top of his game , id keep bringing on in the 60th-70th minute if we're chasing a win for the next few games tbh.

Yeah....erm...noo?

I wouldn't have started him against Stoke even if i'd watched tonight's game and he'd played well. I know it's pandering to (what i think is) a worse team than us, but i think we're going to need to be more physical up front if we're going to get anything from the game.