Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Time for everyone to move on, including the forum.

it was nice to be linked with an exciting player, but we'll have to make do with Alan Smith and Kevin Nolan for next season!

Does that mean you'll take your own advice and stop posting in this thread?

Yes, i haven't actually posted in much since my rant yesterday!

goodbye cruel world

FYP

Probably naive of me, but I'm gonna go with the view Hughton is doing this to keep things on the low. He's done it with every deal until they've been announced officially.

Campbell - denied it until he turned up signed one morning.

Gosling - linked to be joining for weeks yet nothing from Hughton at all until he signed.

Perch - came out of the blue as signed.

it was nice to be linked with an exciting player, but we'll have to make do with Alan Smith and Kevin Nolan for next season!

Does that mean you'll take your own advice and stop posting in this thread?

Yes, i haven't actually posted in much since my rant yesterday!

do i s'ound scary to you? ROOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR

well? do i? :(

FYP

FYFYP

Neesy's only doing it so that if he doesn't sign and ends up going elsewhere, he can run into this thread and go "I TOLD YOU ALL SOO!!!!!11111 HAHA! I WIN FOR BEING NEGATIVE! GOO MEE!!!!!!!!"

Hughton has been told to deny all knowledge, that's pretty clear.

If he has, it's a pretty stupid course of action to take. It makes him look really stupid and out of the loop, especially when EVERYONE else is talking about it being true.

I agree, it makes him look a bit daft but in the statement the club were hammering the privacy line so it's not really that surprising. He's denied everything until it's rubber stamped.

If he has, it's a pretty stupid course of action to take. It makes him look really stupid and out of the loop, especially when EVERYONE else is talking about it being true.

I agree, it makes him look a bit daft but in the statement the club were hammering the privacy line so it's not really that surprising. He's denied everything until it's rubber stamped.

Would make more sense just to say he can't comment in that case (rather than directly contradicting the overwhelming number of reports) but I guess he'd look a bit of a twat doing that every day.

Would make more sense just to say he can't comment in that case (rather than directly contradicting the overwhelming number of reports) but I guess he'd look a bit of a t*** doing that every day.

Exactly. It would be much worse if he just didn't answer the question either way, he's definitely been instructed to deny everything imo.

While tbh that's probably good for keeping things under wraps until they happen it makes this place go insane.

"There isn't anything. We are aware of the speculation and that he has been linked to us but he is very much a Marseille player. There hasn't been any direct contact."

Direct contact?  :harry:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6306202,00.html

The addition of 'direct' is probably pretty significant actually. I'd imagine that all that's gone on so far is agent talk.

"Hughton is pleased expectations at St James' Park have been tempered this summer following admissions from the board that little money will be made available following last season's promotion campaign.

He said: "There had to be some realism of where we are. We want to be a stable Premier League team and for that we have to work hard this year and allow this club to grow again."

:facepalm:

"Hughton is pleased expectations at St James' Park have been tempered this summer following admissions from the board that little money will be made available following last season's promotion campaign.

He said: "There had to be some realism of where we are. We want to be a stable Premier League team and for that we have to work hard this year and allow this club to grow again."

Seems fair to me  :undecided:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

You're embarrasing