Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'd just like to move on and leave this abomination of a thread behind.

I am not interested in moving on, I have no interest in signing some 2nd rate back up player who will turn out to be another Leon Best or Kevin Nolan. Just fuck off Ashley and stick your cash up your arse.

Nolan was actually first choice signing at that time, wasn't he?

We made a lot of noise about signing M'Bia and Veloso for £10million beforehand.

Sound familiar?

No idea why people think that Ashley is not simply going to take money out of the Club and not invest in it. His statement at the end of the season was pretty clear. He's put in a lot and now it's payback time. The Sky cash, season ticket and corporate deals are in his bank account.

It's going to be a long season and at the end Ashley will either get a canny pay day if we survive and a decent parachute payment if not. We'll then have a squad to possibly come back up and the yoyo continues.

Apathy reigns and people will accept it. Only the drop of season ticket sales, corporate deals and match day tickets will make a little difference and maybe get him to sell up at a reasonable price. Can't see it though.

I'm not an Ashley supporter and I'm pretty peeved that we're simply refusing to spend money, but this ridiculous myth that Ashley is pocketing the TV money etc. just has to stop. He's not allowed to take money out of the club willy nilly, it's not how it works :lol:.

So where's it gone?

Paying off the mess left by the bloke before him who spunked money that wasn't there.

I'd just like to move on and leave this abomination of a thread behind.

I am not interested in moving on, I have no interest in signing some 2nd rate back up player who will turn out to be another Leon Best or Kevin Nolan. Just fuck off Ashley and stick your cash up your arse.

Nolan was actually first choice signing at that time, wasn't he?

We made a lot of noise about signing M'Bia and Veloso for £10million beforehand.

Sound familiar?

Aye, right. Forgot about them, actually.

No idea why people think that Ashley is not simply going to take money out of the Club and not invest in it. His statement at the end of the season was pretty clear. He's put in a lot and now it's payback time. The Sky cash, season ticket and corporate deals are in his bank account.

It's going to be a long season and at the end Ashley will either get a canny pay day if we survive and a decent parachute payment if not. We'll then have a squad to possibly come back up and the yoyo continues.

Apathy reigns and people will accept it. Only the drop of season ticket sales, corporate deals and match day tickets will make a little difference and maybe get him to sell up at a reasonable price. Can't see it though.

I'm not an Ashley supporter and I'm pretty peeved that we're simply refusing to spend money, but this ridiculous myth that Ashley is pocketing the TV money etc. just has to stop. He's not allowed to take money out of the club willy nilly, it's not how it works :lol:.

So where's it gone?

to pay wages,leccy,water,insurances,debt intrest and stuff. some may even have been used to pay off some debt.

Its his business, he owns all shares and can do and take exactly what he likes. His investments are all loans and he's using the cash coming in to fill his own pocket.

Please, not this nonsense again.

Guest neesy111

the club will make a turnover of over 80M, and we can't spend at most 5M on one player to make a difference, then quite frankly the club is totally screwed

We are!

look at the 'turnover' of the UK, and 'we' have has to pull the plug on a loan that would have put a Sheffield company at the front of its field, not to mention the fact that we now can't 'afford' luxories like a public sector

hmm, i read about that sheffield story and we would not of received a penny of it back!

So where's it gone?

If you look at the big black hole in the clubs finances when he took over and the money that the Halls and Shepherd took out of the club, technically into their pockets!

So where's it gone?

Paying off the mess left by the bloke before him who spunked money that wasn't there.

Ah, clearing the debts? The same debts Ashley claimed to have cleared in his first season here?

Guest neesy111

So where's it gone?

to pay wages,leccy,water,insurances,debt intrest and stuff. some may even have been used to pay off some debt.

WE HAVE NO DEBT INTEREST

Guest Milburnthedog

Its his business, he owns all shares and can do and take exactly what he likes. His investments are all loans and he's using the cash coming in to fill his own pocket.

Sorry but thats all bollocks.

Its a limited company, any money that flows from the club to Ashley has to be properly accounted for - I'm pretty sure that he would have had to give written guarantees that he would not be reclaiming any money from his loans/cash injections this year in order to get the accounts signed off (the club would be insolvent if not if memory serves...)

If he went back on this and took the cash out he is leaving himsefl open to all sorts of legal action from creditors, companies house and the auditors.

He might be using the TV money to ensure that he has to put less in, but this isn't the same as taking the money out

I own a limited company and can assure you I can take out what I want, when I want. As long as the business does not become insolvent and I pay the tax on it, no one can do a thing about it.

Guest MrBrown

Why the f*** would a reliable (seems that way throughout this saga) paper make up such an intricate story.

Fair enough if it was just a little paragraph or something then yeah, but not the main headline and not with that much depth.

Which story in which paper? I thought it was just on that website. Did I miss a post?

So where's it gone?

WE HAVE NO DEBT INTEREST

is the overdraft not debt, do we not pay intrest on it ?

So where's it gone?

WE HAVE NO DEBT INTEREST

overdraft

Guest neesy111

So where's it gone?

yeap, after NOT DOING due diligence!  the first rule of taking over a business, check the books first!

ashley deserve's to have lost all his money on this club, because quite frankly he's ran it like a 5 year old would

Ah, clearing the debts? The same debts Ashley claimed to have cleared in his first season here?

Sorry but thats all bollocks.

Its a limited company, any money that flows from the club to Ashley has to be properly accounted for - I'm pretty sure that he would have had to give written guarantees that he would not be reclaiming any money from his loans/cash injections this year in order to get the accounts signed off (the club would be insolvent if not if memory serves...)

If he went back on this and took the cash out he is leaving himsefl open to all sorts of legal action from creditors, companies house and the auditors.

He might be using the TV money to ensure that he has to put less in, but this isn't the same as taking the money out

I own a limited company and can assure you I can take out what I want, when I want. As long as the business does not become insolvent and I pay the tax on it, no one can do a thing about it.

Guest zinaldo1982

They asked the club for an offer that was at least reasonable but it looks like ashley just doesn't want to spend the money,just read it on rtl.fr radio as dassier said they were waiting for us to call them.

Guest pont-toon

So where's it gone?

WE HAVE NO DEBT INTEREST

but Michael Ashley is owed a considerable sum is he not ?

Guest malandro

Mike Ashley would have lost in some way however this would have gone through.

How?

Ashley is a business man, and as soon as things started to get out of hand at the club his "dream of owning a football club" transformed into a plain business plan.

He know no matter what he does he will be hated, i mean, can he really regain trust from the fans again? Not a chance.

So what was he supposed to do, give up on it and just run with a massive loss?

This is my opinion about the HBA deal though, not saying it's correct or anything, it's just MY opinion.

I think a real business man only can be pushed to a certain degree before a line need to be drawn.

With all these quotes from O'M president etc. that only seemed valid til the next day or so i can see why MA got fed up.

Sign the player and please the fans, bending for the "pressure" of O'M, or refuse to play games with them and show other clubs that were not in for that.

Even if it is a small amount of money which separates the deal the french have made him look bad, business/public wise.

But then you have us, the fans, who demands signings and rightfully so because we all see we need it.

So no matter how he would have done i think it was a lose/lose situation for MA and he probably decided that he would see it as a business man instead of pleasing us.

Even if we would have signed HBA we would hate Ashley, and by not signing him we will still hate him.

Meh, i`m not saying MA is totally blameless in this matter but tbh the french has pretty much toyed around with us probably from the first day knowing that a bid would come in.

It was against all logic that no one else would go in for HBA.

:clap:

How is that clappable? He's saying 'meh, if we signed him we would hate Ashley and if we didn't we would hate Ashley'. To be honest, I don't give a f*** about how people feel about Ashley. The guy owns our football club, his own choice, yet he seems oblivious to the fact that you need to spend money to stay in this league.

Because he is right. If we signed him then MA would only be hated for the next player we missed out on. It wasn't that long ago a few of you on here were praising him for signing Gosling saying he could be a decent player for us, and also praising him for getting Campbell in saying he has the experience we need.

Fudging the issue doesn’t hide the futility of your position. There’s only three fudge free ways to interpret what has happened here.

1) We had a realistic chance of getting a player of Arfa’s quality but blew it.

2) We had no chance of getting a player of Arfa’s quality and OM played us for fools.

3) We had an outside chance of getting a player of Arfa’s quality and the club let expectations run way ahead of reality.

All this crap about fan pressure is drivel. We’ve been conditioned into believing we have no money and all we can do is sign injured players on free transfers.  If the club had said something to quell the very strong rumours a different standard of player was as good as in the bag there would have been no pressure at all. Instead all we got was a cryptic denial from Hughton.

Real businessmen know the value of a commodity. They’ll try to get an asset for a good price, but when push comes to shove they’ll compromise. Ashley doesn’t strike me as the kind of man who does compromise, and this saga looks like nothing more than NUFC chancing its arm and falling flat on its face.

Guest neesy111

So where's it gone?

WE HAVE NO DEBT INTEREST

he's not charging the club interest on the debt

Why the f*** would a reliable (seems that way throughout this saga) paper make up such an intricate story.

Fair enough if it was just a little paragraph or something then yeah, but not the main headline and not with that much depth.

Which story in which paper? I thought it was just on that website. Did I miss a post?

Whey website sorry aye. Just assumed was the website for one of France's sports papers.

Guest pont-toon

So where's it gone?

WE HAVE NO DEBT INTEREST

he's not charging the club interest on the debt

just payback of the debt itself then ?