Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Real kick in the balls if this is true.

We need two quality additions to the squad before I'll have any confidence in us staying up this year. Ben Arfa certainly would have been one of those, miss out on him and I'm not sure there are going to be comparable players that we can hope to attract.

Won't be at all surprised though, will just be another display of incompetence to add to the ever growing list.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/times/santos/noticia/2010/08/peixe-segue-sem-abrir-mao-da-multa-e-venda-de-wesley-pode-virar-novela.html

The negotiation for the sale of the steering wheel Wesley Santos, is turning into soap opera. The business of the athlete, Roberto de Almeida, had said that Santos would be in on Monday to bring the proposal of Werder Bremen, Germany, by the player. But the football manager of the Fish, Paul Jamella, ensures that not meet with anyone to discuss the matter.

What happened actually was a phone conversation between the two. They will try to arrange a meeting for this Tuesday. However, that meeting, if any, will hardly end the case. Jamelle ensures that the Saints will not release the player for less fine rescission, set at € 10 million (U.S. $ 23.2 million). Werder offered € 6 million (£ 13.9).

Paul Jamella, manager of the fish.

FFS, we're suddenly certain to get relegated because we missed out on a player who was always unlikely to end up here.

We're likely to get relegated because we're complete and utter dogshite. We'd have been somewhat less so with genuinely creativity and pace through the middle.

:lol: sho 'nuff

Guest Brazilianbob

ounds just like the luca modric saga before he went to spurs.  Could the ben arfa rumours have been a ploy to sell season tickets?  Surely not!

I still think there's something fishy about this Werder deal. No reputable French sites reporting it really. And if they are theyre just saying 'according to France Football'.

Like this link for example, full of 'mights' and 'maybes'.

http://www.foot01.com/ligue1/ben-arfa-l-om-pourrait-faire-la-belle-affaire-avec-breme,marseille,58012

Could be Marseille leaking a story to France Football trying to force our hand to buy outright, rather than loan.

Not getting my hopes up for that being the case, mind.

Guest Wally_McFool

The longer it dragged on the more likely this was to happen.  I'd like to think we're chasing other players for the role as well, but knowing this club probably not.

No plans for any capital outlay!