Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

If the Fer rumours are true then it's probably OK not to get BA really.

Fer seems to be more the like the kind of player we are looking at right now, one who would fit into the team ethos rather than potentially disrupt it.

I'd still be very happy with getting him mind.

One of the sites reckons we binned the Fer thing because of his wage demands. Gonna be a popular angle that one.

I'm not going to bother linking to it (and help promote them) as they're a naff site but newsnow links to it.

His wage demands were reportedly 45k a week. The nerve...

One of the sites reckons we binned the Fer thing because of his wage demands. Gonna be a popular angle that one.

I'm not going to bother linking to it (and help promote them) as they're a naff site but newsnow links to it.

Tribal Football.

:lol:

If the Fer rumours were true maybe we aren't going for 1 dm, 1 am but are just going to two players who are quick, strong, can score goals and are fucking beasts.

I wouldn't be against that.

Leroy Fer is not ready for the step up. I think he was the alternative if Tiote fell through, and we should now concentrate on reinforcements in the final third rather than another central midfielder, where we are well stocked for now. A midfield 2 of Tiote and Barton, with Smith, Guthrie, Nolan and Gosling should be enough for Premiership survival. Up front we only have Carroll and to a lesser extent Lovenkrands and Ameobi, so we need another first teamer for the attacking midfield/fast creative forward role there if we want to be strong enough to avoid being part of the relegation battle.

Yeah, I dunno, I went into the game yesterday hoping that we would sign him, but I came out of the game thinking it may be better to find someone who isn't a disruptive influence (even if that means that they aren't quite as good as him). Don't get me wrong, I'd still be pleased if we signed him, but aslong as we get a decent creative player I don't mind so much.

Can see posts like this being regretted in a few months... We'll have to see. Hope not, obviously...

Yeah, I dunno, I went into the game yesterday hoping that we would sign him, but I came out of the game thinking it may be better to find someone who isn't a disruptive influence (even if that means that they aren't quite as good as him). Don't get me wrong, I'd still be pleased if we signed him, but aslong as we get a decent creative player I don't mind so much.

Can see posts like this being regretted in a few months... We'll have to see. Hope not, obviously...

I don't mean that I wouldn't like us to sign him... it's just if there is an alternative that doesn't come with the baggage that he does, that would be preferable.

I really wonder at comments like this and Johnny's "plenty other fish in the sea" remark. If it were that easy to pick up genuine young talent at knockdown prices we'd be challenging for Europe. The alternatives we'll more likely end up probably won't be much better than what we've got.