Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

It was close to joining Werder Bremen, Olympique de Marseille, Hatem Ben Arfa, offensive midfielder could join England and arsenal. Caughtoffside.com site says that the Gunners would be about to make an offer of EUR 13 million to complete the transaction with the OM club.

This quote was taken from some french site (via google translate).

What I don't get is why Arsenal would pay 13 million euros for a player that they could get for less.?

That's why.

What I find funny is these NE journalists are coming out with the wages story now, after it did the rumour rounds in the NOTW, rather than when it supposedly actually happened.

If it did happen 10 days ago, Farrington, then why weren't you there to report it then?

They're absolutely full of shit, to be honest. They have as little insight as everybody else, he's probably signing for somebody else or he just might not - but what's for sure is these hacks don't have a clue what is going on.

I don't know if it's already been posted as I can't be bothered to read through this long tiresome thread anymore, but OM have given Gignac his number 10 shirt, which pretty much means he will definitely leave which i think we all knew anyhow. Where he goes no idea but unlikely to be us after all this time unless we are the only offer Marseille have on the table and they decide to just get rid of him for a year until they can find someone to buy him.

We'll end up signing him, I have a feeling, the same feeling I had when I skidded across the road in the rain headed for another car and I thought 'I'm gooing to crash here and it's going to hurt', I was right I think I'll be right this time.

As much as i'd love for you to be right, I can see arry signing him.  He's practically a cockney with a name like Arfa

A loan deal (with or without an option to buy) could and should have been sewn up weeks ago for the lad. Squabbling over a few hundred grand is going to cost us.

Good players cost good money. :hmm: 

@Funguslover From what I've been told it seems as though a permanent future fee was agreed but #ben #arfas wage (cont) 

.#Marc #Wilson of #Portsmouth a very real prospect. Prospective talks have taken place but very early days. #nufc.

Hmm we'll see shall we

A loan deal (with or without an option to buy) could and should have been sewn up weeks ago for the lad. Squabbling over a few hundred grand is going to cost us.

How exactly? Am I wrong in remebering that Marseille pulled out of the agreement?

This twitter crap is starting to annoy me. Loads of people trying to be best friends with some journos and aiming to get some strange ego boosts...

Cant we just go back to the good old days of www.ohmelads.com and Leighton Baines....

How exactly? Am I wrong in remebering that Marseille pulled out of the agreement?

Depends on who and what you believe. I believe there was a deal to be done weeks ago before it generated into a saga and we fudged it because we were tight cunts. That's my belief and I've got no way of proving or disproving it btw.

Guest Heneage

Depends on who and what you believe. I believe there was a deal to be done weeks ago before it generated into a saga and we fudged it because we were tight c***s. That's my belief and I've got no way of proving or disproving it btw.

Wasn't that deal dependant on us buying him if we stayed up or he played 25 league games. Would you have agreed to that if it was your decision?

I still think Marseille had the upper hand and it wasn't in their interest to finalise a loan deal early if there was still the opportunity to get a full transfer with a number of weeks of the transfer window left.

This saga has been going on for ages but didn't his lawyer confirm we had met their original terms.

For once I don't believe we were to blame.

Depends on who and what you believe. I believe there was a deal to be done weeks ago before it generated into a saga and we fudged it because we were tight c***s. That's my belief and I've got no way of proving or disproving it btw.

Wasn't that deal dependant on us buying him if we stayed up or he played 25 league games. Would you have agreed to that if it was your decision?

Yes - in a heartbeat.

Guest Heneage

Yes - in a heartbeat.

Why? That presents numerous problems, just look at Dindane's loan to Pompey for one example. It's a heck of a gamble.