Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

What amuses me is how the general NUFC populace (ie non internet geeks) have literally no clue how good Ben Arfa is. Blokes I talk to at work draw a blank when I tell them how excited I am to see him play. Even Supermac has no clue (whats new) and tonight on the Legends he said that Lua Lua is further up the pecking order than Ben Arfa.  :facepalm:

Made even better by the fact Lua Lua is on loan at Brighton :lol:

What amuses me is how the general NUFC populace (ie non internet geeks) have literally no clue how good Ben Arfa is. Blokes I talk to at work draw a blank when I tell them how excited I am to see him play. Even Supermac has no clue (whats new) and tonight on the Legends he said that Lua Lua is further up the pecking order than Ben Arfa.  :facepalm:

:lol:

Embarrassing that like.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hadn't listened to the legends for yonks till last week (it was on in the works bait room) and macdonald was adamant that ben arfa was an out and out left winger and enrique hates playing with jonas.

Christ almighty. Doesn't surprise me like.

I only heard the first few minutes of The Legends tonight but Macdonald said that he couldn't understand why the club had allowed LuaLua to leave and also said that he looked the most likely of the team who played against Accrington to make it in the first team.  Macdonald and his caller were discussing how they thought that LuaLua might be benefitting from being coached by Beardsley.

I only heard the first few minutes of The Legends tonight but Macdonald said that he couldn't understand why the club had allowed LuaLua to leave and also said that he looked the most likely of the team who played against Accrington to make it in the first team.  Macdonald and his caller were discussing how they thought that LuaLua might be benefitting from being coached by Beardsley.

Yeah and then he went on to state that he should be in the team ahead of Ben Arfa.

With the amount of foreign players in the league increasing all the time, the Legends is becoming more obsolete every week. I mean, what the fuck does Micky Horswill know about the French league?

Absolutely nowt. All three of them just rock up to the studio five nights a week with zero research done. I have said it before that sometimes on the news before the show there will be a football story and then when a caller wants to talk about said story, Malcolm is like "errr....errrr....I wasnt aware of that."

With the amount of foreign players in the league increasing all the time, the Legends is becoming more obsolete every week. I mean, what the fuck does Micky Horswill know about the French league?

Absolutely nowt. All three of them just rock up to the studio five nights a week with zero research done. I have said it before that sometimes on the news before the show there will be a football story and then when a caller wants to talk about said story, Malcolm is like "errr....errrr....I wasnt aware of that."

Aye, I've not listened to it in years, that sort of shite did my nut in. Not a bad listen on a Monday for match reaction but other than than, just a waste of time, especially during the summer when they've not got that quiz on. Fuck knows how Macdonald has forged a media career, it's like listening to a Black and Decker. Didn't used to mind the other two actually, the show was listenable when Gates and Slaven were on their own.

With the amount of foreign players in the league increasing all the time, the Legends is becoming more obsolete every week. I mean, what the f*** does Micky Horswill know about the French league?

Sorry but is this not most English pundits?

The Premier League show called Thomas Vermaelen Dutch the other night. Then you have Merson, Le Tissier, Thompson and Charlie Nicholas on Gillette.

Paul Merson's only point of reference for Gyan was the World Cup, I find that embarrassing for a pundit, someone who's supposed to provide insight. At least in the rest of Europe former players do research, they look into players and don't just use the fact they played professionally.

The frustrating thing is, you have people like Gabriel Marcotti, who seriously knows his shit, but because he's just a journalist he will be passed over for comedians like 'Mers' and 'Le Tiss'. It's cringe.

Guest frere007

Hatem Ben Arfa prefer the English model

The new midfielder for Newcastle, who will make his debut in the Premier League on Saturday, delivered his first sensations on his arrival in England. It seems much more flourished in France.

Hatem Ben Arfa feels good in the north of England. Arriving at Newcastle following the soap opera that we know, HBA has delivered its first Team feelings about his new life across the Channel. And he seems to appreciate the British mentality: "I feel like I start from scratch. I have a country to conquer. (...) Compared to France, it's really different. It changes. There super guys in this group. The players are empowered by the staff. The dialogue is constant and much greater freedom. It's smarter. An example: when you do not feel well, you jump training and come back the next day without it poses a problem. "

The former Marseille has also conquered the air by respect for England fans. "I feel a lot of respect. In town, the fans approach me but only talk to me nicely, to encourage me. They do not linger, as if unwilling to disturb me," says it. Maybe he finally found the right environment to flourish? Early response, this Saturday around 16h, for his first game with the Magpies.

http://www.chronofoot.com/hatem-ben-arfa/hatem-ben-arfa-prefere-le-modele-anglais_art6903.html

Guest frere007

"When I talk to them, the British journalists tell me that I am the enfant terrible of French football. I told them it was a caricature. I do not want to f*** the s***. I'm in Newcastle to play football.

Ben Arfa is Newcast to "play football and not fuck the shit"

http://www.foot01.com/foot-europeen/angleterre/ben-arfa-est-a-newcaste-pour-jouer-au-foot-et-pas-foutre-la-merde,59243

Hatem Ben Arfa on Saturday will explore the joys of the Premier League. And even if it is a replacement, the former Olympique Marseille player does not hide his pleasure to evolve in this English Premiership where he will be talked about only on land.

Hatem Ben Arfa will not be a substitute for Newcastle on Saturday against Blackpool, but the former Olympique Marseille player who knows he still needs a little time to get ready, do not hide his ambitions with the Magpies. For Ben Arfa, training methods in England are clearly more effective than in France and this will enable him to progress further.

"It seems to start from scratch. I have to conquer a country. There is really a way to do something here. Compared to France, is really different. It changes. There are some great guys in this group. Players are empowered by the staff. The dialogue is constant and much greater freedom. It is more intelligent. An example: when you do not feel well, you jump training and come back the next day without this problem. This Saturday we play at 15 hours and we're meeting at 13 am at the stage 30. To me, it's never seen, "said Hatem Ben Arfa in the columns of the team.

Aware of the little bad boy image that he could hang out, the French international has already set the record straight with the local press. "When I talk to them, the British journalists tell me that I am the enfant terrible of French football. I told them it was a caricature. I do not want to fuck the shit. I'm in Newcastle to play football. In town, the fans approach me but only talk to me nicely, to encourage me. They do not linger, as if unwilling to disturb me, "notes with pleasure the former Marseille.

"When I talk to them, the British journalists tell me that I am the enfant terrible of French football. I told them it was a caricature. I do not want to f*** the s***. I'm in Newcastle to play football.

Is this his catch phrase or something? :lol:

Guest frere007

"I spoke with the coach. He wants to give me time to adapt."

http://www.eurosport.fr/football/premier-league/2010-2011/ben-arfa-a-tourne-la-page_sto2463809/story.shtml

Ben Arfa has already turned the page

Ben Arfa: "Without Regret"

On Saturday, Newcastle faces Blackpool at the 4th day of Premier League (16h). For his first game with the Magpies, Hatem Ben Arfa should begin on the bench. In L'Equipe, the French had entrusted his fortune to move to England. And his desire to rejoin the Blues.

Hatem Ben Arfa is in Newcastle for the past two weeks, but already seems far from Marseille in the head of midfielder 23 years. Before his first game of the Premier League against Blackpool at St James Park (16h), during the fourth day, the International tricolor was given in the columns of L'Equipe.

"I have to conquer a country", said the former Lyon. "I feel like I start from scratch. There is really a way to do something here. Compared to France, it's really different." Friday, Ben Arfa was back on one of the reasons which had prompted him to leave Marseille. In short, they boiled down to ... Didier Deschamps. "I wanted to leave, because the coach was not right with me," he told the Evening Chronicle. In England, Ben Arfa wants to flourish, would you trust him, he is considered someone responsible: "It's smarter. The dialogue is constant and much greater freedom. An example : when you do not feel well, you jump training and come back the next day, without this problem, "he adds in L'Equipe.

"I spoke with the coach ..."

At home, against Blackpool, Hatem Ben Arfa could make his debut for the club black and white Newcastle. Even if the meeting will start on the bench, he will "give everything to heart," if his coach, Chris Hughton, appealed to him during the match. On the site clubcall.com, Magpies coach has admitted to being excited to see the rookie in action: "Hatem is a very talented player, therefore he can play in the offensive, even though many people think that should play left. According to Ben Arfa, the Newcastle manager does not want to rush things: "I spoke with the coach. He wants to give me time to adapt."

Not restrained by his coach Laurent Blanc for the games against Belarus (0-1) and Bosnia (2-0), Hatem Ben Arfa has the ambition to return quickly to the Blues: "I will give everything for my ambition remains the same: take the train in October "(Editor's note: France-Romania and France on 9-Luxembourg 12). "I watched the first game against Belarus because I went to spend the weekend in Paris. I could not see him against Bosnia-Herzegovina. I had some returns and I know it 's is well spent. I'm really happy for the guys and the team. " Next time, Ben Arfa wants the trip.

Is this his catch phrase or something? :lol:

It is now! O0