Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Stoke really don't look half as physical as last season. Hatem against Huth will be interesting.

It's going to be an interesting game. Last time around wern't we 2-0 up at half time, and lost the 3 points in injury time? This is a gmae that we have to get full points out of, Stoke have started off slowly, like Everton they have had a good result or 2 to make people think that they are starting to hit some sort of good form, it's vital we stop that like we did today. if Stoke start to drop the points again then they could be in for a long season that could see them real candidates for relegation.

to be fair the majority of people i know knew little about ben arfa. we are the embarassing weirdos really.......same when we signed ginola, after the away game at bolton i only said "see ?" for weeks after i'd beeen telling people how good he was and many had never heard of him. you have to remember the majority of the footballing community doesn't know much about what isn't on MotD or in major international tournys.

The problem, and this is being echoed online by many professional pundits/commentators, is that regardless of whether or not the general public knows about a player, a pundit is paid to know.  If you don't know, don't go on the air and say that.  Go on the air after doing your research and educate people about what you learned.  That is the point of your job as a pundit.  Especially if the public is supporting your poor efforts financially.

Shearer's embarrassing himself a bit making comments like, "No one really knows a great deal about Ben Arfa..."

He's a full French international, Al.  Watch a little football from time to time and you learn lots of neat stuff.

I think we'd all be a bit surprised if we really knew how many British managers were this uneducated. You always here them making disparaing remarks regarding buying foreigners. Insinuating they don't understand the commitment in the English game and the passion etc. It's why a good number don't end up doing as well as they probably should. The confidence in them isn't totally there. For example, Coloccini and Enrique would have long been jettisoned at most other clubs, but they have proven to be top players.

The problem, and this is being echoed online by many professional pundits/commentators, is that regardless of whether or not the general public knows about a player, a pundit is paid to know.  If you don't know, don't go on the air and say that.  Go on the air after doing your research and educate people about what you learned.  That is the point of your job as a pundit.  Especially if the public is supporting your poor efforts financially.

its a mix of both, i wouldn't trust shearer to tell me about a player from the french league but then i wouldn't be too keen on gaby marcotti highlighting tactical bits and playing insights like ex players can.

Shearer's embarrassing himself a bit making comments like, "No one really knows a great deal about Ben Arfa..."

He's a full French international, Al.  Watch a little football from time to time and you learn lots of neat stuff.

Kinda makes me glad he never became our manager permanently.

Comes across as being very ignorant about football beyond these shores...

its a mix of both, i wouldn't trust shearer to tell me about a player from the french league but then i wouldn't be too keen on gaby marcotti highlighting tactical bits and playing insights like ex players can.

I wouldn't expect a detailed breakdown of statistics and performances from Shearer but to act like he's an unknown commodity takes the piss.  Just a little scouting.  Use that massive BBC video library to give a little watch to a few of his previous performances and then talk about him on the air. The BBC has hundreds of interns that can edit all sorts of tape together to make it easy on him if he wants to do it.  But he doesn't.  It's a lack of professional pride and it's like taking money when he gets paid.

Have just watched it on Football First. How biased was the co-commentator?! I know he used to play for them, but jeez...

Just made it all the more sweeter. His comments were really embarrassing, came accross as immature and childish he was that biased.

Guest malandro

I think we'd all be a bit surprised if we really knew how many British managers were this uneducated. You always here them making disparaing remarks regarding buying foreigners. Insinuating they don't understand the commitment in the English game and the passion etc. It's why a good number don't end up doing as well as they probably should. The confidence in them isn't totally there. For example, Coloccini and Enrique would have long been jettisoned at most other clubs, but they have proven to be top players.

Is that why there are hardly any foreign players in the PL?

Made me literally lol, well played.

Is that why there are hardly any foreign players in the PL?

They like buying them just so they can moan about them afterwards I guess.

thing is i dont think any of the brit channels show french footy anymore, are you suggesting shearer uses some illegal set up  ?

Guest neesy111

thing is i dont think any of the brit channels show french footy anymore, are you suggesting shearer uses some illegal set up  ?

Just need ESPN and Skysports and you get just about every top league in europe.

Just need ESPN and Skysports and you get just about every top league in europe.

Apart from the French of course.

Guest Schmocky

I hope Barton is ready to look after him. Stoke will be out for him next week.

He will piss all over them. Literally. They will go to tackle him, he will be about 10 yards away by the time the tackle goes in, then he will come back, see them on the ground and whip it out and piss on them while they are down, then go on to score a hatrick.

ha that made my day that like.

Such a top class act and a top draw goal, really hope that our team use him to his full potential. Once our prem team is settled in the next couple of weeks, we'll see the best from players like hatem. Tiote and arfa both speak french so if we gel the midfield correctly, we could be a tough team to beat :)