Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

He looks to have wayyyyy more ability than Ginola/Robert, at least in his dribbling/touch/technique. Closer at times to the likes of Zidane/Ronaldinho/Messi than Ginola. Ginola was great, but in no way did he ghost past 3 or 4 players at will and on numerous occassions like that.

I remember him doing that plenty of times. Ben Arfa's pace gives him a massive advantage at running at people over Ginola though.

Some hilarious overreactions in here. :lol: :lol:

He was ace today mind.

If he played like that for another team most people would be saying the same about him, he's class and we've needed this type of player for years.  If we are guilty of overreactions then long may it continue as far as I'm concerned.

Some hilarious overreactions in here. :lol: :lol:

He was ace today mind.

which post is an overreaction? I just see people being happy because we seem to have really got a good player!

i'm pretty sure he think mine was one! :lol:

Me... wasn't being serious anyway. But I have two fears with Ben Arfa-

1. He will realise he's too good for us and then leave

and

2. Other teams will notice him and steal him off us. Wenger is a fan. Ferguson has bought haregreaves, carrick, valencia and berbatov only after they have established themselves at their old clubs. (my point being is that he will notice that there's a real talent playing for some average club out there to grab.)

Great goal and some real moments of class. Still think Enrique, Tiote, Barton and maybe even Colo had equally (if not quite as eye-catching) good games. Worried a little bit when Coleman came on as wasn't sure he would be able to help out defensively, but for quite a small lad tried to put himself about a bit. Just as people have said, has an amazing ability just to ghost past players. Also glad he didn't play against Wolves else he'd be in a wheelchair by now.