Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Very quiet today, was ganged up on but given the amount of chances Jonas got to get free and make space (then fuck it up) I would have expected Ben Arfa to create a little more. Still really early days though and the promise is more certainly there.

Nolan really is our weak link at home. Not because he's particulary shit, but because he occupies a spot that if he was dropped would give Ben Arfa his favoured position and no longer force Jonas onto the bench.

Precisely. I thought HBA was brought here under the premise he would play behind Carroll. Routledge, HBA and Gutierrez is a strong attacking midfield imo.

Nolan really is our weak link at home. Not because he's particulary s***, but because he occupies a spot that if he was dropped would give Ben Arfa his favoured position and no longer force Jonas onto the bench.

Precisely. I thought HBA was brought here under the premise he would play behind Carroll. Routledge, HBA and Gutierrez is a strong attacking midfield imo.

Having to accommodate Nolan is the root cause of all our tactical disjoinedness really. Big test ahead for Hughton.

Ben Arfa played some lovely through balls into dangerous areas in the first half. Unfortunately with no movement up front he was effectively passing it to their keeper.

Its why fkn 4-4-1-1 shit really fks me off.. even more so when we are relying on a slug getting forward and supporting Carroll

Nolan really is our weak link at home. Not because he's particulary s***, but because he occupies a spot that if he was dropped would give Ben Arfa his favoured position and no longer force Jonas onto the bench.

Having to accommodate Nolan is the root cause of all our tactical disjoinedness really. Big test ahead for Hughton.

He'll drop him after another two awful performances against City and Wigan.

Ben Arfa played some lovely through balls into dangerous areas in the first half. Unfortunately with no movement up front he was effectively passing it to their keeper.

So, basically, he was giving the ball away repeatedly?

That might be how the Newcastle coaching team will look at it. In much the same way as Milner and Duff were blamed for not producing the goods when we had Nicky Butt and Owen in the team.

That's not true, he only lost the ball once. If anything he wasn't trying to make something happen enough.

That's not true, he only lost the ball once. If anything he wasn't trying to make something happen enough.

Not sure that is particularly true either. He was trying to create something but there were just no movement upfront for him to do anything. A couple of times (at least in the 1st half) he dribbles past players to the center, paused for a while to look for runners and there was none (I was screaming my head off for someone to run into space). Without that he inevitably tried the only option he had which was to cross to the back post (still a few decent crosses) but there was no way Carroll was gonna get those when he was being marked out by both Huth and Shawcross.

I'll echo the "him and Jonas need to be in the same team, not replacing each other" sentiments.

They both offer a directness and unpredictability that can hurt oponents, with Routlege a decent option from the bench.

I'd rather see all three in the same team

I'll echo the "him and Jonas need to be in the same team, not replacing each other" sentiments.

They both offer a directness and unpredictability that can hurt oponents, with Routlege a decent option from the bench.

This.

This.

x2