Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I can understand the comments against Spurs as we really did nowt in that game. Team was flat. Tactics/Subs were shocking.

We were OK for the most part, couple of defending mistakes which Spurs took full advantage of and Peter Lovekrands being on the pitch - they cost us a point.

Stu-naldo!

Such little drive, though perhaps that was more to do with Barton having an off game, mixed with my own belief we'd go and attack.  :doh:

In my experience, you go to an in form Spurs with the mindset of trying to knick a point and you lose. Go for the win, don't be afraid and you might just knick a point or who knows. At worst you lose but at least you had a go.

Thought we battled well all game and looked to try and get forward, we just happened to miss two of our most important players going forward (Enrique overlapping Jonas on the left, Nolan linking up midfield/attack) which resulted in us launching balls towards Carroll's head.

You're right about Barton, almost every pass he tried was overhit or a fraction off-target. Lo and behold he sticks a quick free-kick to one of our players unmarked in the box and it's Peter Lovenkrands. Spurs score their second instead of us equalising.

I didn't see any of the second half, so couldn't possibly comment. But i thought we got the first half pretty spot on.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Two things:

1) I don't want to forget that Nigel De Jong is a dirty player, and he still deserves a suspension from UEFA or FIFA for all the spectacularly filthy and gruesome challenges he's made in 2010.  Fuck him to death.

2) I hate to say it, but it is almost certain that Hatem will not be the same player as before.  This won't mean that he won't be effective, but it will mean that he isn't as explosive as he was before the injury.  Time will tell if he's worth the 5 milli, but I'm happy to take a flyer on him and really hope for him to become the best player he can be (even though it probably won't be the best player his old self could have been) in a Newcastle shirt.

Two things:

1) I don't want to forget that Nigel De Jong is a dirty player, and he still deserves a suspension from UEFA or FIFA for all the spectacularly filthy and gruesome challenges he's made in 2010.  f*** him to death.

2) I hate to say it, but it is almost certain that Hatem will not be the same player as before.  This won't mean that he won't be effective, but it will mean that he isn't as explosive as he was before the injury.  Time will tell if he's worth the 5 milli, but I'm happy to take a flyer on him and really hope for him to become the best player he can be (even though it probably won't be the best player his old self could have been) in a Newcastle shirt.

How is it almost certain that he'll not be the same player as before?  The only damage that we know about is that he's broken bones and they'll heal and become as good as before so what is going to hold him back?  A broken bone can damage tissue around the break and that will also heal, we know nothing about anything other than that.  It would have been different if the bone had gone around a joint but it hasn't.  No damage was caused to tendons so he’ll be fine once he realises that his bones are not going to go again.  He’ll forget that he’s even had a problem and will do everything as he did before.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Two things:

1) I don't want to forget that Nigel De Jong is a dirty player, and he still deserves a suspension from UEFA or FIFA for all the spectacularly filthy and gruesome challenges he's made in 2010.  f*** him to death.

How is it almost certain that he'll not be the same player as before?  The only damage that we know about is that he's broken bones and they'll heal and become as good as before so what is going to hold him back?  A broken bone can damage tissue around the break and that will also heal, we know nothing about anything other than that.  It would have been different if the bone had gone around a joint but it hasn't.  No damage was caused to tendons so he’ll be fine once he realises that his bones are not going to go again.  He’ll forget that he’s even had a problem and will do everything as he did before.

These massive leg breaks happen and the players are rarely as explosive as before.  Cisse, Diaby, Eduardo, Hargreaves, and many other players who relied on their pace all weren't the same in terms of explosiveness.  While players can come back and be effective and even quality players, in the top flight of English football where pace is so critical in separating the great players from the rest, the loss of explosiveness will most likely have an effect on his game.  Look, I hope that I'm wrong and that he has the type of comeback that some players like Henrik Larsson (even though he was in SPL) have had.  I just don't want to delude myself into thinking that he'll be the same player he was. 

I still support him and his comeback 1,000%, and I can't wait to see him in black & white ASAP.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Hell, I'd take him even if he wasn't on track to be back this year.  He'll still have class, and even if he isn't the same player, Ben Arfa in a wheel chair and a ventilator would still be twice the player Alan Smith is.

These massive leg breaks happen and the players are rarely as explosive as before.  Cisse, Diaby, Eduardo, Hargreaves, and many other players who relied on their pace all weren't the same in terms of explosiveness.  While players can come back and be effective and even quality players, in the top flight of English football where pace is so critical in separating the great players from the rest, the loss of explosiveness will most likely have an effect on his game.  Look, I hope that I'm wrong and that he has the type of comeback that some players like Henrik Larsson (even though he was in SPL) have had.  I just don't want to delude myself into thinking that he'll be the same player he was. 

I still support him and his comeback 1,000%, and I can't wait to see him in black & white ASAP.

The broken bones aren't the problem, it's the damage done to tendons and Ben Arfa hasn't had any of that.  All broken bones are different because of where the bone/bones are broken and also the damage done by the bone when it becomes displaced.  He’s ahead of his recovery schedule because the damage wasn’t as severe as it could have been.

Eduardo had a massive problem and his broken bones were almost as bad as an amputation.

One of the biggest challenges of recovering from an injury like this must be psychological. He seems very confident in his ability and in himself so I don't think that it'll effect him much. Might take him a while to get back up to speed but i've no doubt he'll come back the same player.

I know that people are a bit worried about Ben Arfa Not being the player he used to be because of the break but a good example to use woul;d be Van Nistelrooy. When Man Utd where fiorst going to buy him didnt he bust his knee in training and injure himself for several months only to come back and be, arguably, ONE of the best players the premiership has had.

I know that people are a bit worried about Ben Arfa Not being the player he used to be because of the break but a good example to use woul;d be Van Nistelrooy. When Man Utd where fiorst going to buy him didnt he bust his knee in training and injure himself for several months only to come back and be, arguably, ONE of the best players the premiership has had.

Fucking score. So we're going to have one of the best players in the Premiership for £5 million! We're in lads :D

That was a completely different kind of injury though.

That was a completely different kind of injury though.

:facepalm: