Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

We took him on loan so we could see how he faired in england, witha view to paying £5mil after one season with us.

He played a couple of games, broke his leg, and we're going to pay £5mil anyways? Am i the only person that finds this just a tad strange? If we're prepared to stump up £5mil now then why the fuck didn't we just pay it in the first place?

Don't get me wrong, i think he's well worth the money and i hope we get him.

We took him on loan so we could see how he faired in england, witha view to paying £5mil after one season with us.

He played a couple of games, broke his leg, and we're going to pay £5mil anyways? Am i the only person that finds this just a tad strange? If we're prepared to stump up £5mil now then why the fuck didn't we just pay it in the first place?

Don't get me wrong, i think he's well worth the money and i hope we get him.

Anything sanctioned by Ashley is a tad strange.. don't knock it in thic case just rejoice for as long as it lasts, hopefully more than a season.

Wish it was confirmed by the club before the papers got a hold of it. There's always a chance someone will come in seeing the bargain we're getting.

There's no way he'd sign for anyone else. He f***ing went on strike to come here man, and after the reception he's gotten, there's no doubt in my mind that he wants to stay and return the favour.

f***ing brilliant piece of business if we get this lad for £5m. In all honesty, it would be cracking business to get him for twice that. Over the f***ing moon if this comes off.

Is this a real bargain? I remember that when we signed him everybody (even here) was pretty cautious, cause he's talented but also completely moody, and the few games he could play for us proved it.

Now, he got a broken leg, we sign him BEFORE he fully recovers and he suddenly becomes a bargain?

Of course for 5m I would sign him as well, but I think it's way too soon to celebrate anyway...

Fair comment.

No it isn't a fair comment. I was screaming for this signing to be made permanent from day one. If Ashley has decide belatedly to agree then I am not going to knock him for it. Better late than never.

Very risky business considering the seriousness of his injury, surprised Ashley is prepared to allow this.

He had no ligament or muscle injury, just a clean break in a good position (medically).  Baring a mental problem I don't see any reason to worry, but obviously he'd have some kind of medical before any contract was signed.

As well as that, this isn't 1992, this is a football world where the going price for James Milner is 25 million pounds and a player 12 months removed from being the PFA Young Player of the Year. 

5 million dollars for a 23 year old French International, even one coming off a major leg injury is preety much an impossiblity (except for this case).

Wish it was confirmed by the club before the papers got a hold of it. There's always a chance someone will come in seeing the bargain we're getting.

There's no way he'd sign for anyone else. He f***ing went on strike to come here man, and after the reception he's gotten, there's no doubt in my mind that he wants to stay and return the favour.

f***ing brilliant piece of business if we get this lad for £5m. In all honesty, it would be cracking business to get him for twice that. Over the f***ing moon if this comes off.

Is this a real bargain? I remember that when we signed him everybody (even here) was pretty cautious, cause he's talented but also completely moody, and the few games he could play for us proved it.

Now, he got a broken leg, we sign him BEFORE he fully recovers and he suddenly becomes a bargain?

Of course for 5m I would sign him as well, but I think it's way too soon to celebrate anyway...

Fair comment.

No it isn't a fair comment. I was screaming for this signing to be made permanent from day one. If Ashley has decide belatedly to agree then I am not going to knock him for it. Better late than never.

Aye, it's a relative risk signing him when he's still injured but we'd have taken advice from doctors/medical staff before making the decision. We wouldn't just go "oh well, let's sign him and hope he recovers".

£5m for what is an extremely talented young player, is a bargain. A steal almost. And I'm bloody delighted.

Brilliant news all around (assuming it becomes official).

In an ideal world, we would have had the 25 game window to properly analyze the lad on the pitch and feel 100% assured he was a great fit.  Thanks to the twat de Jong, that was no longer an option.  However, off the pitch, he appears to have fit in brilliantly, appears to have a real affinity for the supporters and the players, and is clearly motivated, with his rehabilitation ahead of schedule.  Signing him for £5m while still injured is a risk, but it's a smart one with positives outweighing negatives.  And if we leave it until summer and he plays up to his potential over the last 2-3 months of the season, he isn't going to be a £5m player any more.

Which other 23 year old international that can play in the middle or on the wing and turn a game with his quality were we going to sign this window?

Fair comment.

Not a "fair comment" at all.

The lad is incredibly talented, and he's already shown that he's good enough at Champions League level with OM. Had it not been for the circumstances, he would be worth at the very least £10m, probably as much as £15m. We're taking advantage of a stellar opportunity to sign a player that is, quite frankly, too good for us to sign where we are at the moment.

You can quote me on this, the broken leg will not have a big enough long term impact on him that he won't be worth well over the reported £5m that we are paying for him.