Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

One man who could complete a move to Tyneside in January is French winger Hatem Ben Arfa, whose loan spell from Marseille was rudely interrupted after just four games by a double leg fracture.

Newcastle negotiated a fee when they set up the loan deal, and Pardew is hopeful they can tie up the move.

He said: "He is a great player and Newcastle fans would love to see him at the club.

"All I would say on that is I am working towards seeing if that is possible."

Tbf It's progress. Under Hughton it would have been 'we are not aware of the player'.  :laugh:

:lol: "That is nothing but speculation...."

"But Chris, he's already at Newcastle on loan"

"I am not aware of this."

Guest Heneage

Tbf It's progress. Under Hughton it would have been 'we are not aware of the player'.  :laugh:

"That's just speculation at this point."

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol:

Man, I loved Hughton in the transfer market. It was like he was working for MI5 and was under plausible deny-ability. Fantastic stuff.

In this Barclays Premier League :lol:

it was like he got paid every time by Barclays to say the full version, not just "this league", or "the premiership", but "the barclays premier league" :lol:

Being fair to Hughton I noticed a few managers suddenly saying that over a period of a couple of weeks, like they'd been told to mention the sponsor more.

I think you're right. I'm sure I remember reading something like they'd been told to mention it when referring to the Premier League.

I remember it was mentioned as a joke, us signing Hughton's son. Then someone pointed out what the interview would be like.

"Chris, there's been reports that Newcastle have made a bid for your son."

"We're not aware of the player."

Credit to whoever originally posted it.

Under Chris Hughton's management Newcastle already had a tacit agreement to turn the loan arrangement Hatem Ben Arfa – the France forward sidelined by a broken leg – was signed under last summer into a formal transfer but Pardew is hoping to accelerate that £3.5m deal.

"We are trying to get it done," he said. "I've looked at Ben Arfa and thought, 'This is a great talent who has shown he can play in front of this crowd, and the crowd appreciate what he has got.' He gives us that technical ability that you need to have at this level if you want to do anything in this division. We are looking to finalise it."

After undergoing rehabilitation in Tunisia, Ben Arfa is almost ready to begin training again on Tyneside and is scheduled to return in February. It is hoped he may play again in April or even March.

To be fair, I think Hughton may have only found out about it when it was in the papers that he had signed on loan, knowing Ashley.

To be fair, I think Hughton may have only found out about it when it was in the papers that he had signed on loan, knowing Ashley.

nice surprise tbh