Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Really hope he's OK. Will properly knock the shine off the new season starting if he's out for 3 months plus.

Be like a new signing when he comes back though

Awesome, he's been like 3 signings so far. Hope he gets injured again and comes back in the new year, he'd be a great buy to kick off our January transfer activity.

can imagine there'll be a synchronized wankfest going on in wearside at the moment

I wouldn't have thought so, they've got far too much dignity and class to do things like that remember

Aye,just like the "dignity" and "class" numerous posters on here showed last Sunday when O'Shea got injured and you couldn't contain your delight.

What goes around,comes around.

Ben Arfa was a victim of a horror tackle. O'Shea slightly twinged his hamstring. If you can't see the difference you are a complete moron.

All that was necessary tbf

can imagine there'll be a synchronized wankfest going on in wearside at the moment

I wouldn't have thought so, they've got far too much dignity and class to do things like that remember

Aye,just like the "dignity" and "class" numerous posters on here showed last Sunday when O'Shea got injured and you couldn't contain your delight.

What goes around,comes around.

We don't claim to be fucking patron saints of anything like you lot though.

Would never celebrate or be happy about an injury to anyone TBH, especially not a serious one.

I dunno, I was doing cartwheels when Smith went off at the Stadium of Light.

Pawdew has already said it was precautionary, the x ray will have been to see if any damage was done as it was the same leg that he broke. The reason he'll be going home is for better medical help as I doubt they have the facilities to monitor it for any ligament damage once the swelling has gone down on tour, he'll be alright.

Would never celebrate or be happy about an injury to anyone TBH, especially not a serious one.

I dunno, I was doing cartwheels when Smith went off at the Stadium of Light.

:lol:

Guest fumiste

Hatem Ben Arfa out of Newcastle's US tour with ankle injury

• France international carried off against Sporting Kansas City

• Newcastle hopeful that latest injury is not too serious

reddit this

Press Association

guardian.co.uk, Thursday 21 July 2011 10.41 BST

Article history

Newcastle's Hatem Ben Arfa was carried off after suffering an ankle injury. Photograph: Ian Horrocks/Newcastle Utd via Getty Images

Hatem Ben Arfa is out of the remainder of Newcastle's US tour after being taken to hospital during the 0-0 draw with Sporting Kansas City.

The Frenchman was carried off the field on a stretcher after a challenge by Roger Espinoza 30 minutes into the game on Wednesday and taken for an x-ray on his left ankle.

It was later confirmed that Ben Arfa, who missed all but four games of last season with a double leg fracture, is to fly back to Tyneside as medics attempt to assess the full extent of any damage. Ben Arfa will hope the injury proves to be a minor one after a long haul back to fitness from the horrific break he suffered in a challenge with Manchester City's Nigel de Jong on 3 October. Initial indications were that the latest injury was not too serious

The news is a fresh blow for the Newcastle manager, Alan Pardew, who embarked on the tour on Sunday without Joey Barton, Yohan Cabaye and Nile Ranger after they were refused entry visas.

Pardew, who remains keen to sign a striker before the closure of the transfer window, had hoped the France international could play as an auxiliary frontman if required this season, and he faces an anxious wait.

The summer signings Sylvain Marveaux and Demba Ba made debuts for the club at the Livestrong Stadium, but were unable to give them a winning start to their three-match tour.

Newcastle face Orlando City during on Sunday and Columbus Crew three days later.

Pawdew has already said it was precautionary, the x ray will have been to see if any damage was done as it was the same leg that he broke. The reason he'll be going home is for better medical help as I doubt they have the facilities to monitor it for any ligament damage once the swelling has gone down on tour, he'll be alright.

They'll have the facilities, he just wont spend any length of time in one place with all the travelling the squad are doing. Best to get him home and get him checked out by the club rather than ferrying him about the US with a sore ankle.

Hope we can afford to fly him home by himself. Knew we shouldn't have bought the bore hole so soon, I know it's great to finally have one but it was too ambitious for a club of our size IMO.