Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

For all I'd like to see Ben Arfa played off of the striker, Best is undroppable for me at the minute, especially with Obertan in the team, so I'd like to see him out on the right against Spurs. There's no reason he can't be a success playing there and cutting inside to shoot similar to Young at Man Utd.

Probably being massively paranoid and it is just general manager talk, but:

“There’ll be other games for Ben Arfa to come on, for sure, and Santon.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/10/03/pardew-still-has-hatem-ben-arfa-at-the-ready-72703-29526946/#ixzz1ZiRgUerH

Think Obertan might be dropped due to his inconsistency and poor defensive qualities.  But apart from that, I have a horrible feeling at the minute AP is just going to wait until it's too late and we lose before making any changes.  Santon should definitely start at left back against Spurs, I would be tempted to throw HBA in as well to try and control the midfield, but Best has been great this season and I like the look of him and Ba.  Nice to have options for a change I suppose! 

Guest hatem garrincha

Both are good players, but doing it regularly in the PL is another thing. From the little I've seen of Bafra I think he can. Not seen enough of Marv.

Agree concerning HBA.

I think Marveaux has the playing style  - two years ago, in France, they compared him to Malouda but Sylvain is better for me, more technique and more efficient - and  the character to succeed in PL.

Got a horrible feeling your right.  He really seems to like lovenkrands too. Santon in for Taylor or Simpson and marveaux in for obertan would seem to be a no brainer IMO. Not sure if Ba is going to be fit for this. Assuming he is. Hopefully v spurs:

Krul

Raylor. Taylor. Colo santon

Cabaye.  Tiote

Jonas.                        Marveaux

Ben arfa

Ba

I'll be a little p*ssed off if he insists we have to lose before making blatant improvements as it's wasting opportunities. A fit ben arfa would get into most teams. This would be very annoying:

Krul

Simpson. Taylor.  Colo. Taylor

Obertan.  Cabaye. Tiote. Jonas

Best.  Lovenkrands

If we play the same XI, we will lose.  Don't need drastic changes, just 1 or 2, 3 at the very most.  Santon is a must for me, would be really tempted to start HBA as well though, if we did need a goal, then Best could come on and play 2 up top. 

Thinking maybe Obertan will be dropped because of Bale, doesn't help Simpson out all that much at the back, not sure who will come in for him though?  Jonas to right wing, Marveaux in for Obertan?

I wouldn't be too disappointed if the only change was Santon for R.Taylor, but if it's the same team as Saturday we will get sod all.

Sadly, I fully expect the same XI as last game, and it pisses me off.

You mean the 11 that has let in the least goals in the league, is unbeaten and currently sitting at fourth. Hardly the sort of thing that makes me angry.

Sadly, I fully expect the same XI as last game, and it pisses me off.

You mean the 11 that has let in the least goals in the league, is unbeaten and currently sitting at fourth. Hardly the sort of thing that makes me angry.

Of course you could put it this way. But what if it had ended 2-2 at Wolves? Would things be different then? Thing is, it's Tottenham, and one of our best players is sitting on the bench, as well as Santon who pisses all over Ryan Taylor/Simpson. Also I think we should play 4-5-1 against them to improve our chances, and by that also swap Obertan with Marveaux.

Guest hatem garrincha

""Another Frenchman, Hatem Ben Arfa, has just made his return to the Newcastle team after being sidelined since last October due to a serious leg injury.

And Ginola believes that when he is back to full fitness he will become one of the most influential players in the Premier League.

He said: "It's really difficult because when he was playing for Marseille, most of his critics were saying he was probably one of the best players of his generation.

"Unfortunately last season he was injured with a bad injury. He will come back one day and he will be one of the top players in this country.

"I said it when he signed for Newcastle and I really think it will be the case."""

http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,,12384_7217748,00.html

Guest tunisia

Hello

You make a good run for now. A little disappointed not to have seen Ben Arfa play and Marval. But this is more or less understandable. You have a winning team. And we do not change a winning team. However, be careful. So far you've played teams from low or middle range outside arsenal. You have taken a lead in maintaining more than 8 wins and you are guaranteed to be in premier league next year. It is urgent to have those 8 wins as soon as possible in order to play more freely and try to be within the first 6 places.

I watched a few games. QPR and that of Wolf, it was very difficult but the key is there, that is to say the points. But we must recognize that this is due to defensive midfielders, and Cabaye Tiote, and defense and especially at guard. Lost Without wolves of the opposing forwards.

This does not mean that Newcastle do not deserve the points in a month but you will have a very different schedule.

Both the points you have collected to maintain, as much in a month you will play for points to play in Europe. And if you continue with this game, it will not pass. It is time to set up a team that will be able to compete with Manchester, Chelsea, Liverpool etc.. and for that we need Santon, of Ben Arfa and Marval who know the team. The longer you wait to give them a chance to have more difficult will be automatic wins.

Anyway, today, the ranking is fine, but in a month if you lose four games in a row will fall ill and there may be a loss of confidence even if your players are rather strong characters.

Guest tunisia

Wolf. :lol:

:)

there were players Saturday looked like werewolves:) Fortunately, you have twice had silver bullets:) BA hunter wolf)

Pardew has 2 weeks to get the team ready for Spuds.

IMO this should be used to get Santon in the defensive unit and see in training how HBA would fit in. Marveaux needs to stake his claim as well. Oberton's pace causes teams problems but his end product ain't great.

Two important weeks.