Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest hatem garrincha

A 18, 19, Mourinho and Wenger wanted him but he preferred to stay in Lyon, while others at the same age, and much less talented, would be go on foot to London.

At 21, he choose again to stay in France, Marseille rather than Arsenal

And finally, a guy who forgets in his cupboard a check for 95 K Euros paid by his club, should not be that bad  :lol:

A 18, 19, Mourinho and Wenger wanted him but he preferred to stay in Lyon, while others at the same age, and much less talented, would be go on foot to London.

And finally, a guy who forgets in his cupboard a check for 95 K Euros paid by his club, should not be that bad  :lol:

:lol: What's that about?

btw, I enjoy your posts a lot, hatem garrincha.. keep it up fella!

Guest hatem garrincha

Thank you mate.

When he was at Lyon, he one day forgot that money in his cupboard and remembered about it  few weeks later 

Just to say that money never lead this lad or his choices.

Guest hatem garrincha

Hatem "unproven" in PL ? Maybe.

Otherwise, he played 25 CL and 9 europa league matches, between 2004 and 2009 (between his 17 and 22) and scored 7 goals.

In 2007 (he was 20 years old) with Lyon, he memorably atomised Stuttgart by himself and scored twice.

Ben arfa  is best talent of french team >Modric is a best player of Croatia

Ben Arfa has huge potential, no doubt, but Ill reserve my judgement of him being better till the day he actually is better. Might be 2 months, might be tomorrow, but today he sure isnt.

Guest hatem garrincha

Ben arfa  is best talent of french team >Modric is a best player of Croatia

Ben Arfa has huge potential, no doubt, but Ill reserve my judgement of him being better till the day he actually is better. Might be 2 months, might be tomorrow, but today he sure isnt.

And you are right man. The best thing to do is to wait the pitch truth...

Thank you mate.

When he was at Lyon, he one day forgot that money in his cupboard and remembered about it  few weeks later 

Or maybe he's such an arrogant person who has so much money he couldn't have given a shit where a mere 95k of it had gone? :pow:

Guest hatem garrincha

Thank you mate.

Or maybe he's such an arrogant person who has so much money he couldn't have given a s*** where a mere 95k of it had gone? :pow:

Yes, it can be interpretated like that but he's not such a person.

Guest mimifrench

Not trolling, but I just wonder if some Newcastle fans are far too carried away with their hero worship of Ben Arfa. Am I right in thinking he's played something like four games for us in over a year and we only won one of them?

He did show some great touches at Darlington but that sort of"special" player can also end up losing possession more often either due to their mazy runs being brought to an end or other players just not on his "special" wavelength.

If he really was as important as some make out would he not have appeared before now?

Hopefully he will get his chance soon and live up to all the hype.

Are you being serious when you say that, or it is just a joke (which i hope so) ?

Not trolling, but I just wonder if some Newcastle fans are far too carried away with their hero worship of Ben Arfa. Am I right in thinking he's played something like four games for us in over a year and we only won one of them?

He did show some great touches at Darlington but that sort of"special" player can also end up losing possession more often either due to their mazy runs being brought to an end or other players just not on his "special" wavelength.

If he really was as important as some make out would he not have appeared before now?

Are you being serious when you say that, or it is just a joke (which i hope so) ?

Not sure what you mean? The bit you've bolded I think is about right but as others have mentioned, one or two of those appearances were as subs.

My overall point was more to do with him being on a very high pedestal here, bearing in mind he hasnt achieved anything here yet.

Of course I do hope he does live up to the hype when he finally gets a good run.

Guest mimifrench

Not sure what you mean? The bit you've bolded I think is about right but as others have mentioned, one or two of those appearances were as subs.

My overall point was more to do with him being on a very high pedestal here, bearing in mind he hasnt achieved anything here yet.

Of course I do hope he does live up to the hype when he finally gets a good run.

So you all take into account the 15 minutes he played against Blackpool and the 3 minutes against Manchester city ??

By the way, he played 60 min against Stoke and you were winning when he left the pitch...

The only thing i wanted to know is that : what do you expected from him in those games ? Scoring a hattrick in 10 minutes ? Making 3 assists before De Jong broke his leg ?

I consider that he only played (i mean here real games, no furtive appearances) for NUFC in 2 matches during last season and 1 this year (+ 20 min against Blackburn)...

That's very short to have a good and objective impression on him considering this...

The only thing i wanted to know is that : what do you expected from him in those games ? Scoring a hattrick in 10 minutes ? Making 3 assists before De Jong broke his leg ?

It's what he was fucking bought for, yes.

Guest mimifrench

It's what he was f***ing bought for, yes.

Ok, that's clear then...

Guest mimifrench

Don't take the answer of one poster to be representative of the whole.

I'd have been happy with 2 goals or just a couple of assists.

In about 3 games ?

Guest hatem garrincha

So you all take into account the 15 minutes he played against Blackpool and the 3 minutes against Manchester city ??

By the way, he played 60 min against Stoke and you were winning when he left the pitch...

I consider that he only played (i mean here real games, no furtive appearances) for NUFC in 2 matches during last season and 1 this year (+ 20 min against Blackburn)...

That's very short to have a good and objective impression on him considering this...

I don't know about others, but CT seems to take that step without any complex :lol:

Guest mimifrench

I don't know about others, but CT seems to take that step without any complex :lol:

Yes, i saw that  :lol:

They admit that Ben arfa has to settle in the team slowly, needs to take his time, don't want to rush him back and in the same time... they want him to score goals quickly, be straight the number 10, etc.  :rolleyes:  Paradoxal feelings...

Don't take the answer of one poster to be representative of the whole.

I'd have been happy with 2 goals or just a couple of assists.

In about 3 games ?

He's taking the piss.  :lol:

England have San Marino in the next WC qualifying campaign, Rooney could be half way to those 22 after those two games.

An excellent point well made :lol:

:nods: :laugh:

Maybe he won't score then get sent off for a stupid kick.  Maybe England will struggle to beat a shite side.  Again.

Looks like no piss drinking for me then.