Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest bimpy474

Seemed strange not play him against a team that doesn't tackle and overly press too much, him picking the ball up in spaces today would have been good.

Pards says on NUTV that HBA not getting a piece today might just fire him up for Weds night

Is Wednesday's night result somehow more important than today's like?

Don't think he said that - I'll go back and check

All those things he says on the NUTV interview are really frustrating. He says things like " we couldn't find that pocket of space or pick that pass today" etc. All the things he has previously said that hatem can give us. Then he says that Ben Arfa will be frustrated today and that might fuel him for wednesday. Well that doesn't really help us get any more points out of this game does it?

Guest bimpy474

Pards says on NUTV that HBA not getting a piece today might just fire him up for Weds night

Is Wednesday's night result somehow more important than today's like?

It is now after the draw.

All those things he says on the NUTV interview are really frustrating. He says things like " we couldn't find that pocket of space or pick that pass today" etc. All the things he has previously said that hatem can give us. Then he says that Ben Arfa will be frustrated today and that might fuel him for wednesday. Well that doesn't really help us get any more points out of this game does it?

Tactically he may think WBA are a better team for HBA to play against.  I've no idea but he is revered by players past and prsent for being so meticulous.  He's earned some trust from me and though i'm frustrated by today we have had an amazing season, then played 3 top teams (good and unlucky at City, great performance at Man U, unlucky with Luiz and injuries against Chelsea) and lost to Norwich whilst playing ok and being fatally flawed by lack of CB's.  Today for me is the first real disappointment and we've got the kind of result and performance that sometimes happens when a team comes to park the bus.  The same result the mighty Liverpool got against this team.  I'm inclined to chill the fuck out for now and enjoy my football.  If we lose a few more and don't play well i can do disgruntled with the best of em.  Now isn't the time for me.

Guest VaVaVoom

This getting beyond a joke now!

We havent won in 5 and the last 2 should of brought 6 points. Ben Arfa isnt startin....why?

It cant be down to lack of fitness, he has been training for a while now.

AP shying away from this one.

Ben Arfa SHOULD be starting in behind Ba. Period.

Tactically he may think WBA are a better team for HBA to play against.  I've no idea but he is revered by players past and prsent for being so meticulous.  He's earned some trust from me and though i'm frustrated by today we have had an amazing season, then played 3 top teams (good and unlucky at City, great performance at Man U, unlucky with Luiz and injuries against Chelsea) and lost to Norwich whilst playing ok and being fatally flawed by lack of CB's.  Today for me is the first real disappointment and we've got the kind of result and performance that sometimes happens when a team comes to park the bus.  The same result the mighty Liverpool got against this team.  I'm inclined to chill the fuck out for now and enjoy my football.  If we lose a few more and don't play well i can do disgruntled with the best of em.  Now isn't the time for me.

:thup: 

Especially regarding first real disappointment.

We havent won in 5 and the last 2 should of brought 6 points. Ben Arfa isnt startin....why?

And this for me the antithesis of my views

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Only reasoning I can think of is that Pardew thought we needed players to press and close to stop them passing it around and frustrating us for the draw. Although he brought on Shola.

Guest VaVaVoom

Why? Do explain.

Why? Do explain.

Read what i think above.  My gusset is drier than yours

Guest VaVaVoom

For all i agree with your points about our form and performance's you bare little light on your actual opinion on Ben Arfa not being in the team.

He should be starting most games. Simple really.

Tactically he may think WBA are a better team for HBA to play against.  I've no idea but he is revered by players past and prsent for being so meticulous.  He's earned some trust from me and though i'm frustrated by today we have had an amazing season, then played 3 top teams (good and unlucky at City, great performance at Man U, unlucky with Luiz and injuries against Chelsea) and lost to Norwich whilst playing ok and being fatally flawed by lack of CB's.  Today for me is the first real disappointment and we've got the kind of result and performance that sometimes happens when a team comes to park the bus.  The same result the mighty Liverpool got against this team.  I'm inclined to chill the f*** out for now and enjoy my football.  If we lose a few more and don't play well i can do disgruntled with the best of em.  Now isn't the time for me.

For all i agree with your points about our form and performance's you bare little light on your actual opinion on Ben Arfa not being in the team.

I don't know why he's not in the team.  I'd like him to be, believe me I'd like noithing more and I'm worried about why he's not.  But I'm heartened by the fact that we have a manager who i've learned to trust (for now) and am not party to what goes on at the club.  I'm a bigger picture kind of person and think we're doing well this season and the manager has played an integral part in that.

Guest VaVaVoom

Tactically he may think WBA are a better team for HBA to play against.  I've no idea but he is revered by players past and prsent for being so meticulous.  He's earned some trust from me and though i'm frustrated by today we have had an amazing season, then played 3 top teams (good and unlucky at City, great performance at Man U, unlucky with Luiz and injuries against Chelsea) and lost to Norwich whilst playing ok and being fatally flawed by lack of CB's.  Today for me is the first real disappointment and we've got the kind of result and performance that sometimes happens when a team comes to park the bus.  The same result the mighty Liverpool got against this team.  I'm inclined to chill the f*** out for now and enjoy my football.  If we lose a few more and don't play well i can do disgruntled with the best of em.  Now isn't the time for me.

I don't know why he's not in the team.  I'd like him to be, believe me I'd like noithing more and I'm worried about why he's not.  But I'm heartened by the fact that we have a manager who i've learned to trust (for now) and am not party to what goes on at the club.  I'm a bigger picture kind of person and think we're doing well this season and the manager has played an integral part in that.

So if in part you are agreeing with me then my view is hardly the antethesis of yours is it?

So if in part you are agreeing with me then my view is hardly the antethesis of yours is it?

I don't think it is beyond a joke,  I'm not that worried by recent form (as outlined above), I don't think that Pards is shying away from it and don't think he should start (period) as I trust the managers judgement.  I disagree with all you say in terms of the hysterical way it is expressed and the actual content.  Antithesis.  The only thing I agree with is I'd like him to be good and start games - but that's no revelation is it

Wonder who Pardew will leave out next match out of Krul, Colo, Tiote and Ba since it's apparently a new managerial touch of genius to keep your better players out of matches where they could make the difference to get them riled up for matches further down the road. Shame it cost us two point today like..

Some saying that Obertan did alright/didn't deserve to go off, check your heads. Had an "ok" first half with tripleshit end product though FFS, and in the second half, was he even there? Most frustrating player ever.

Apparently Pardew's thoughts on Ben Arfa are in the Journal on Monday. Reading between the lines he doesn't feel he works hard enough.

Might not work hard enough aye, but neither does that sulky trippleshitnoendproductnobrain Lucky Luke dancer Obertan who offers nothing going forward either.