Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest mimifrench

Whatever happened to mimi? Scared off by the sexual predators?

:-X

Do you have something to reproach (to) you "Aligupter" ?

I very attentively follow your (very long) debates on Ben arfa... But think you don't need/want another Ben arfa "fangirl" (which I'm not by the way) as you already have a very special Ben arfa fanboy here... :lol:

Still so shocked at the can't play out wide comments, obviously not trusted to help out our full backs.  Perhaps once Santon has settled and we fetch another in to replace Simpson, he might get a go out there, although I doubt it.

Just a bit worrying at how rusty he's going to be, barely played in over a year.

People really need to understand just how serious and injury he had, there is no way he is ready to play week in, week out.

He hasn't played in two weeks though.

I know, but before that he had started a few in a row. He will need a break now and again, especially as he will be used alot in January with Ba going away.

I don't buy into that any more. It was the case a couple of months ago, but now it's become a self fulfilling prophecy. Doesn't play won't be match fit. Not match fit so doesn't play.

Not too much point if we're not going to bother even when he is fit.

I don't buy into that any more. It was the case a couple of months ago, but now it's become a self fulfilling prophecy. Doesn't play won't be match fit. Not match fit so doesn't play.

Not too much point if we're not going to bother even when he is fit.

Pardew's just very, very cautious. He's got justification for it at the moment with results but it's really frustrating to see the potential within the squad (not just Ben Arfa) but he won't utilise it fully. The side he talked about in the summer, passing, attacking just isn't there now, I think he's stumbled on to this formula and intends to keep it.

Pardew just likes his saturday night online entertainment.  He's trolling the Ben Arfa fanboys so he's got something funny to read on NO after the game.

Seriously though, how this guy is sitting on the bench while we persist with Obertan baffles me.  Even if he isn't a winger I can't help but think that he'd bring more to the team on the right than Gabby.

I'm not worried as such about the Ben Arfa situation. Reckon he'll be fine.

Benwell Lad posted this in the Pardew thread which sounds about right imo:

HBA has a huge role to play for us, is our most skillful player and the one most able to unlock a tight defensive door.

I suspect that when he has key players out Pardew is looking for extra graft to compensate our weak areas. I'm not sure HBA gives us this and so Pardew opts for a lesser talented but harder working player.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'm expecting him to get at least half an hour today.

Best will definitely be subbed off at some point, so hopefully he won't go for Shola!

If Swansea continue to sit then it could defiantly be the sort of game for him to play the "No.10" and try to unlock the defence. Question is who would come off. Perhaps Best for fitness reasons but no one has played terribly

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

No idea how Sammy gets on ahead of him. Sammy has some interesting qualities but I can't say he's better than Obertan.