Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

This is becoming an issue now. I can see HBA throwing a strop and asking for a move if this continues, and soon. Pardew simply doesn't know how to deal with him or use him in the team. Obertan and Sammy ahead of him? Come-fucking-on. Those saying "he isn't a winger mate," what the fuck has Obertan done to justify a place on the right? He can track back all he wants, he's still fucking shite.

The thing is that he doesn't even track back, he's lazy as fuck.

His decision making makes Martins look like Xavi.

Pardew has made a rod for his own back with his "he's a number 10" talk. I don't doubt that given a proper run that'll be his best position but having him on the bench does nowt for him or the team. He'd be a much better option that Obertan, who offers zilch and I can only assume is in for his pace and willingness to track back (forgetting the fact he bottles tackles that are 70-30 in his favour), and it would get him up to full fitness.

AP needs too get a handle on the situation as soon as possible or it's going to overshadow the other he's doing. Start him against WBA, up front or on the wing, it doesn't matter. We need his spark especially without Cabaye.

I've been pretty calm about Ben Arfa's stuttered progress, but for him to be kept out of the team by the likes of Obertan, Shola and Sammy Ameobi - and the manager looking to Vuckic to win us the game - is obviously a concern. I wonder what's going on, but i can't worry about it. The hoo-har about him not playing like he did at Everton seemed daft at first, but if the worries are becoming justified, i really can't be fazed by it.

It'll be a shame if he never makes it here, but we can't lose something we never had.

Nigel De Jong remains the villain in this whole situation.

That said, i've said on numerous occasions that it'll be a year at the very least before we see the best of him. At present though, there's definitely some concerns. I agree with everyone saying that Pardew's missing a trick by persisting with him as a striker. He should get a game on the wing.

problem again in ben arfa carreer lol

ok so he can't be a starter in newcastle, in which pl team he could be a starter?

would he be substitute even in swansea?

i really don't understand, the lad got to play somewhere

Every time I hear about him needing more time before he can play, about him not being ready yet it reminds me of that joke about a guy who buys a house near a rail road. He's told "don't worry, after three nights you won't even notice the trains any more". So he says "I'll spend the first three nights at the hotel".

All he needs is to play.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pardew doesn't know how to manage him so is shying away from having to make a definitive decision on him.

tbf not far away from the truth as today would have been ideal to rip them open compared too invisible Best .

All he needs is to be getting atleast 30 minutes in games to prove himself to be lively. Then when he does that give him his full chance.

I think Best should be starting on current form, but Benny couldve replaced him today much earlier.

All he needs is to be getting atleast 30 minutes in games to prove himself to be lively. Then when he does that give him his full chance.

I think Best should be starting on current form, but Benny couldve replaced him today much earlier.

On current form, Best is shit.

I thought Best and his work rate were really important to us today. We looked much worse when we brought Shola on and couldn't press from the front as much.

:thup:

Didn't look like scoring, but Ba certainly did.