Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Theres no way im believing Alan Pardew thinks a 19 year old whos played something like 10 games is gonna be more effective than Ben Arfa.

Theres clearly more to it & it must involve Ben Arfas opinion on the situation. You cannot honestly think Pardews this clueless man  :lol: I wont believe it.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Guest prestonj1989

Not sure if it has been mentioned but am sure he was about to come on WITH Sammy but then Tiote got that knock and Vuckic came on instead.

Should have been Sammy who stayed on the bench then?

Really, wtf was Pardew even thinking? "Better make sure Benny doesn't think he's all that great"?

Yep, I agree. As I said after Norwich, I don't understand why Sammy is getting so much first team game time.

managers like souness, kinnear or allardyce will do things like this to deliberately engineer a confrontation where they can flex their muscles and display their authority. I do hope pardew isn't as vindictive and small minded as those three.

Unless Ben Arfa did something.

Face it, he has form, and has been benched by a variety of managers at various clubs.

But, as pointed out a million times already, Pardew has his own form with Tevez/Mascherano.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I wonder if Pardew is going to do another one of those phone-ins on BBC Radio Newcastle. Needs to be asked about this.

Should be due one. Probably January.

Guest prestonj1989

Not sure if it has been mentioned but am sure he was about to come on WITH Sammy but then Tiote got that knock and Vuckic came on instead.

Who would he have came on for? There was only really Ba and Jonas he could have replaced and I doubt that would have happened.

I thought Cabaye and Obertan would come off for HBA and Sammy as Cabaye was looking very close to getting sent off. I think that might have been the plan and then when Tiote got that knock, Pardew changed his mind as he wanted to keep a bit of defensive steel in the centre. I don't think he fancied having Cabaye and HBA in the middle.

This is getting ridiculous now. I'm not claiming he's greater than Jesus, but when you persist with Obertan and bring on Shola, Sammy and Vuckic ahead of him, you're in dire need of the loony bin. Something's definitely happened, because this makes no sense anymore.

Guest prestonj1989

This is getting ridiculous now. I'm not claiming he's greater than Jesus, but when you persist with Obertan and bring on Shola, Sammy and Vuckic ahead of him, you're in dire need of the loony bin. Something's definitely happened, because this makes no sense anymore.

The appearances that HBA has made have been disappointing this season which inevitably has affected Pardew's confidence in him. Sammy did show some promise in his first appearances so is probably just edging it at the moment. 

It is intriguing this situation like, I have to say. He probably doesn't deserve to play instead of Best at the minute, but does he deserve to play over Obertan? On today's showing, I actually thought Obertan did pretty well and didn't deserve to come off. It's a funny one. I get the feeling it may have been part of Pardew convincing him to join that he was going to play in the middle. Or maybe he's just not doing it in training. Either way, it's a strange one.

Maybe Raylor is better than Santon

Maybe Shola is better than Best

Maybe Obertan is better than Ben Arfa

These are all situations he's persisted with in the past only for it to be proved wrong. Do you not think it's possible that Pardew just makes bad decisions on players?

It is intriguing this situation like, I have to say. He probably doesn't deserve to play instead of Best at the minute, but does he deserve to play over Obertan? On today's showing, I actually thought Obertan did pretty well and didn't deserve to come off. It's a funny one. I get the feeling it may have been part of Pardew convincing him to join that he was going to play in the middle. Or maybe he's just not doing it in training. Either way, it's a strange one.

Maybe Raylor is better than Santon

Maybe Shola is better than Best

Maybe Obertan is better than Ben Arfa

These are all situations he's persisted with in the past only for it to be proved wrong. Do you not think it's possible that Pardew just makes bad decisions on players?

I don't understand your point. With Raylor, it was clear that he was being kept in the team because we were doing well and he offers a lot from set pieces. Somewhat understandable but I agree Santon is a class above. Best starts of Shola every time he's fit pretty much so I don't understand that point. And maybe Ben Arfa is better than Obertan on the right, but it's by no means a guarantee. I would like to see him try it though.

We were doing well with Raylor in spite of him not because of him. Thanks for the goals but defensively there was never anything there to say he deserved his place. My point with Shola over Best was to do with last season, how he persisted with Shola when Best was evidently better and Best only got in due to injuries. We're not talking about guarantees, I would happily have Ben Arfa in and have him do the same amount as Obertan right now, which is nothing. Because at least you know, you've got a very good player getting match fit again.

I'm not trying to be a dick by focusing on it like this but I just think Pardew makes big mistakes with personnel

He was warming up in the first half and then warmed up again in the second for a little while.

I can't remember him getting up at all in the second half like. First time I seen him was when he was going to come on.

What is going on here? this lad must be a total cunt or Pards just does not like him, SURELY him instead of Obertan is a MUST. I like Sammy and think he has great potential but him getting on ahead of Hatem is a joke.

What is going on here? this lad must be a total cunt or Pards just does not like him, SURELY him instead of Obertan is a MUST. I like Sammy and think he has great potential but him getting on ahead of Hatem is a joke.

We had so much control of the game it was clear HBa would get space and time - Swansea were sitting that deep.