Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

The most annoying part of all this is that when asked about HBA, Pardew will say something like the boy is special and he can do things that others can't......bla bla bla. Then come match day he puts on untested youngsters on when we need to win. Its like there's two Pardews, the one who does the interview on HBA and the one who manages the team on match day or he is just a fucking liar!

managers like souness, kinnear or allardyce will do things like this to deliberately engineer a confrontation where they can flex their muscles and display their authority. I do hope pardew isn't as vindictive and small minded as those three.

managers like souness, kinnear or allardyce will do things like this to deliberately engineer a confrontation where they can flex their muscles and display their authority. I do hope pardew isn't as vindictive and small minded as those three.

Unless Ben Arfa did something.

Face it, he has form, and has been benched by a variety of managers at various clubs.

Guest Heneage

I do struggle to understand the reasoning behind leaving him on the bench, maybe it's with Wednesday in mind and he starts from the off. Either way it's frustrating because I feel like this was the exact type of game we bought him for.

Guest prestonj1989

Not sure if it has been mentioned but am sure he was about to come on WITH Sammy but then Tiote got that knock and Vuckic came on instead.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but am sure he was about to come on WITH Sammy but then Tiote got that knock and Vuckic came on instead.

Should have been Sammy who stayed on the bench then?

Really, wtf was Pardew even thinking? "Better make sure Benny doesn't think he's all that great"?

Who would he have came on for? There was only really Ba and Jonas he could have replaced and I doubt that would have happened.

In which case, send Vuckic on instead of Sammy. Simple.

Theres no way im believing Alan Pardew thinks a 19 year old whos played something like 10 games is gonna be more effective than Ben Arfa.

Theres clearly more to it & it must involve Ben Arfas opinion on the situation. You cannot honestly think Pardews this clueless man  :lol: I wont believe it.

Who would he have came on for? There was only really Ba and Jonas he could have replaced and I doubt that would have happened.

How does that in any way solve this particular conundrum?

Obertan comes off for HBA instead of Sammy?

Obertan comes off for HBA instead of Sammy?

Read Preston's post again.