Who should partner Campbell this season? OLD THREAD ALERT

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colo wasnt so great in the Wham/Blackburn/Everton games in September and those are just off the top of my head. People seem to link his good performance at OT and gloss over a fair few mistakes over the course of the season. We will have to wait and hope that last year has done him the world of good to adapt to the PL.

he didn't make bramble style mistakes  but his defending was pretty poor throughout that season.

Has to be Colo, he's the only central defender out the lot whose style compliments Campbells, the others (including campbell) are defenders whose style is to attack the ball where possible whereas Colos style it to anticipate and intercept, to read play and to play the ball out of defence.

He does have to step us his game this year though.

Guest Roger Kint

Colo wasnt so great in the Wham/Blackburn/Everton games in September and those are just off the top of my head. People seem to link his good performance at OT and gloss over a fair few mistakes over the course of the season. We will have to wait and hope that last year has done him the world of good to adapt to the PL.

he didn't make bramble style mistakes  but his defending was pretty poor throughout that season.

Sorry i meant basic errors not major one like Bramble. Agree though

Guest Stephen927

First game, Coloccini bossed it against Man United. Looked a real player, high on confidence.

The problem is, every small mistake, people pick up on it. Defenders will make mistakes no matter what the level, it just seems at this club every small mistake is amplified cos of the players that have gone before and the reputation for this club having poor defences over the years.

If our midfield and strikeforce were upto scratch, the defence wouldn't be getting as much stick.

First game, Coloccini bossed it against Man United. Looked a real player, high on confidence.

The problem is, every small mistake, people pick up on it. Defenders will make mistakes no matter what the level, it just seems at this club every small mistake is amplified cos of the players that have gone before and the reputation for this club having poor defences over the years.

If our midfield and strikeforce were upto scratch, the defence wouldn't be getting as much stick.

thats been our midfields problem for at least 5 years now

I have a lot of hope for Colo, fans at his previous clubs said when we signed him that he was poor in his first season then became a favourite. Hopefully he is just a player that takes a season to settle and adapt.

:thup:

I do like Williamson but for me it has to be Campbell and Colo. Who knows, Colo might do well with an experienced head alongside him - he hasn't had that yet.

Horses for courses.

All depends on who we're playing and how we're set up in CM. It'll change from game to game but I'd start with Coloccini and Campbell with Williamson on the bench.

Looks like the poll have voted for this:

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/103151880.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6DE0C8E1C9E04F99E08A399BE5BFBA88BD00B6901B4E88BCF

:lol:

Being someone who goes to the games (therefore having a warrant for an opinion), i'd have to agree. Jose might have stolen the show on a few occassions but i think Colo was more important, just.

• 8 months later...