Manchester United v Newcastle United 16/8/2010 Live on Sky Sports 1 8PM

Guest neesy111

if man td play carrick and scholes in the middle we HAVE to play vuckic (or hopefully ben arfa) in the hole and scream like fuck every time scholes is a tad "over zealous". (how the fuck is he still getting away with it after all these years ?)

Hmmm. Think I may revise my scoreline after that like. 3-0 Man utd

Revising a scoreline after a pre-season friendly? Bit daft isn't it?

Not really. It was clear we were going to get into the top 4 after a 100% pre-season, but after playing someone decent (Wolfsburg) and losing, we have a relegation fight on our hands.

Guest Stephen927

We are going to get absolutely bummed. I think I could handle that as long as that little bellend Owen doesn't score or do anything of note.

We are going to get absolutely bummed. I think I could handle that as long as that little bellend Owen doesn't score or do anything of note.

This, I have the brown panty fear. We will struggle to contain them even if we are playing at our best. Faith in the Hughts though.

Imagine if we snuck a win. It'd be absolute pandemonium.

It's extremely unlikely but stranger things have happened.

Have they?

It wont happen though because,

We are likely to play the leaden footed Nolan up front with Carrol rendering our forward play static and easily broken down.

This will allow ManU to comfortably build from the back creating waves of attacks that will make it look as though they have more players on the pitch than us.

Unbelievably our management have once again signed a player who is finished in Cambell to compliment the lumbering Nolan which says we have learned nothing from our previous demise.

Time now for youngsters like Ranger, Vukic and Kadar, let them play and progress. We know they can only get better. The alternative is the decline and failure of players on the wain, we know how that ends. Lets not go down that path anymore.

If the youngsters were good enough, they'd be in the team.

What you say should be correct, but I fear there is a delusion at work of players getting games and even contracts on past reputation rather than form.

What you say should be correct, but I fear there is a delusion at work of players getting games and even contracts on past reputation rather than form.

I'd say this is one of the areas we've improved on. Only Campbell is a slight doubt on this score, and you can see why a newly-promoted and skint team would take a gamble in him.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Imagine if we snuck a win. It'd be absolute pandemonium.

It's extremely unlikely but stranger things have happened.

Have they?

It wont happen though because,

We are likely to play the leaden footed Nolan up front with Carrol rendering our forward play static and easily broken down.

This will allow ManU to comfortably build from the back creating waves of attacks that will make it look as though they have more players on the pitch than us.

Unbelievably our management have once again signed a player who is finished in Cambell to compliment the lumbering Nolan which says we have learned nothing from our previous demise.

Time now for youngsters like Ranger, Vukic and Kadar, let them play and progress. We know they can only get better. The alternative is the decline and failure of players on the wain, we know how that ends. Lets not go down that path anymore.

Playing the likes of Ranger, Vuckic, Kadar will not improve our team and quite frankly they are not good enough yet. They can get their "play and progression" as you put it out on loan.

Guest BooBoo

No expectations on us, I just hope we can go out like under KK and have a go. If we're timid then we'll be asking for trouble.

No expectations on us, I just hope we can go out like under KK and have a go. If we're timid then we'll be asking for trouble.

Totally. If we sit back against Man Utd they'll, quite rightly, pick us off at an absolute canter. Obviously the odds are stacked massively against us, and we're bound to lose - but i can see us actually nicking a goal if we try and play football against them from the first whistle. They're always ropey on their first day and they've been in America for the last God-knows how long.